The Beer Thread

K92

• 3 weeks later...
I had a Dale's on tap at B Dubs before the MTSU game. It was so good, I picked up a sixer on the way home. Very tasty APA.

Thanks for the tip on Dale's, K92. I've seen it while shopping at the Big Bird and had wondered how it was. Canned beer is definitely making a bit of a comeback.

Lately, I've been trying a seasonal offering from Southern Tier, a favorite microbrew of DZ84 (AKA Mrs JZ84). It's considered a strong american ale, and it has some unusual flavors (fig is noticeable) as compared to GL Christmas Ale or 12 Dogs.

de_1296_lg.jpg

JZ84, tell DZ84 she has good taste in xmas beer... I liked the 2XMAS. I picked it up in a little assortment of singles from Brunswick Buehler's. Try the Bell's Christmas if you haven't already. Good stuff.

She's pretty happy to hear that. I've been looking to pick up some Bell's. I'll have to make it a point now.

The other day I bought some Mama's Little Yella Pils from Oskar and it's pretty tasty.

Need more info on the Mayan Last Dog!!!

Picked it up yesterday at the tasting room. It is definitely sticky sweet. I asked if there was any distribution or if it was tasting room exclusive and she thought some shipped to key accounts, but she wasn't sure where. They probably had around 20 4-packs on the floor and in the cooler combined. $13. Pretty tasty if you're into sweet stouts!

Picked it up yesterday at the tasting room. It is definitely sticky sweet. I asked if there was any distribution or if it was tasting room exclusive and she thought some shipped to key accounts, but she wasn't sure where. They probably had around 20 4-packs on the floor and in the cooler combined. $13. Pretty tasty if you're into sweet stouts!

A buddy of mine posted a pic on instagram, and I asked him about it. He told me to get it at Acme #15 in Montrose in 4 packs and on tap!! Might be worth heading up to the tasting room to try it before getting a growler of it, though!

• 3 weeks later...

Last weekend I attended a wedding in the Toledo area. One of my wife's cousins made the trip up from Georgia for the wedding but also visited her boyfriend's family in Kalamazoo a couple days before. They were nice enough to bring me a bottle of Bells Eccentric Ale which was quite different.

6102_4394074453459_1057225162_n.jpg

On the way home, we stopped at The Anderson's in Maumee since I had heard so many talk about it. Their selection was huge, but not a lot of American craft beer I hadn't already seen elsewhere. Picked up a few good ones for New Years though.

574991_4397243492683_1014097648_n.jpg

Yesterday, I stopped by Wayne's Country Market in Mansfield and they had installed draft beer sales since I had last visited. I brought home a growler of Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout which was delicious. They are offering Great Lakes non-bottled brews which was surprising. They had Cleveland Brown Ale & have already gone through kegs of Pumpkin Ale and Blackout Stout.

Speaking of surprised, imagine what I thought when I found these at the Ashland Buehler's...

397659_4425492758897_1229190144_n.jpg

A toast goes out to Dr. Z when I try these tonight!

That is an incredible find, Doctor. I was under the impression that no 3 Floyds 12 ouncers were distributed in Ohio. :thumb:
I'm not exactly sure how it works, but they keep it in the back. They told me they get a limit of one case a month, and it is sold to there "regulars." I would not consider myself a "regular." I would guess you could purchase. I actually asked for three philosophers, and she said "Three Floyd's?" I said you have it? Don't let em know I told you. :D

Anyone have any good suggestions for IPAs? Looking to widen my IPA palette. My favorites have to be Dogfish Head 60 & 90 as well as Sierra Nevada Torpedo. GLBC Commodore Perry, Harpoon, Goose Island, & Frankenmuth are a few others I've tried that I like, but just don't blow me away.

Been enjoying reading through these threads!

Anyone have any good suggestions for IPAs? Looking to widen my IPA palette. My favorites have to be Dogfish Head 60 & 90 as well as Sierra Nevada Torpedo. GLBC Commodore Perry, Harpoon, Goose Island, & Frankenmuth are a few others I've tried that I like, but just don't blow me away.

Been enjoying reading through these threads!

Do yourself a favor and get some Fat Heads Head Hunter IPA!!

also if you like IIPA's, Stone Ruination is my favorite beer ever.