#4 Boise State at Toledo

lance99

That a school with a similarly-sized stadium, in a similarly-sized city and in the same conference can host (and compete with) a big-time school...
Amen.And UT never had John Heisman as coach and still has not beaten Ohio State. And has UT had an alum become as successful in the NFL as Jason Taylor has?I still can't for the life of me understand we we don't have a statue of John Heisman in a prominent location near the stadium.The excuses about building (and rebuilding) are getting old. If schools like UT and Miami can reload in one year, we can too.And with great coaches like Brian Kelley and Urban Meyer, there is no such thing as a rebuilding year. The turn around is immediate.

We've been jealous of UT's recruiting classes for at least the past two years, perhaps, IIRC, that past 3. We're now seeing the fruits of those labors (wow, does that sound nerdy).And btw, I was watching the futbol match, so I didn't see what happened to UT's starting QB. Anyone know why he's not in there?

Nothing that has to do with Akron.
-1. :nutkick: Everything that has to do with Akron. Toledo (being in the MAC) is a great model for what Akron should build to. I wish I was a Toledo fan enjoying the game tonight. Looks like a great atmosphere. They are playing decent tonight, and played very well in Columbus. If the Columbus game was in Toledo, it would have went the other way. Toledo is better coached than Columbus. Akron & Toledo are in the same boat, and Toledo is light years ahead of the Zips. Plenty to learn.PS Hats off to Boise for playing in Toledo, much respect, they are no Columbus State. :rolleyes:...and they are a much better team (about 40 spots) better than CU.PSS I wish our Moore was as like their Moore. Would anybody but me notice the difference if we switched tomorrow?

I watched the Boise State-Georgia game, and Boise manhandled Georgia in the Georgia Dome. Boise State is a for-real potential national championship contender.Toledo is playing tough tonight. They are doing the MAC proud. But it's unrealistic to think they could be strong enough to actually beat Boise.If Toledo can play like they're playing tonight, it reinforces what I believed after their performance against tOSU -- it's possible for a MAC team to become so good that it would not be embarassed by any team in the country.But it's not easy. It requires a lot of things coming together. Every fan of every team in the MAC wishes their team could be as strong as Toledo appears to be this season. Maybe one MAC team will make it to this level once every few years.Along with everyone else on this forum, I'd love to see UA rise to this level.

Toledo could easily go undefeated in the MAC which could be an undefeated season if they scheduled easier OOC games. I know it looks great if you can know off a big opponent but at the end of the season, being undefeated with a chance at a BCS bowl is worth a lot more.

Nothing that has to do with Akron.
-1. :nutkick: Everything that has to do with Akron. Toledo (being in the MAC) is a great model for what Akron should build to. I wish I was a Toledo fan enjoying the game tonight. Looks like a great atmosphere. They are playing decent tonight, and played very well in Columbus. If the Columbus game was in Toledo, it would have went the other way. Toledo is better coached than Columbus. Akron & Toledo are in the same boat, and Toledo is light years ahead of the Zips. Plenty to learn.PS Hats off to Boise for playing in Toledo, much respect, they are no Columbus State. :rolleyes:...and they are a much better team (about 40 spots) better than CU.PSS I wish our Moore was as like their Moore. Would anybody but me notice the difference if we switched tomorrow?
I disagree with just about everything you said. LOL

Here's what I see. Toledo does not have better athletes than we do. They are just as undersized, and just as slow in comparison to the "big boys". What they do however is they fly to the ball unlike any team I've seen in a while, and they play with swagger and a nasty ass attitude. That keeps them in games. Nobody likes to get hit in the mouth, and they have hit two much bigger and more athletic teams in the mouth the past two weeks. They play like they expect to win, and they play with anger. That comes straight from their leadership. Draw your own conclusions about ours.

Toledo could easily go undefeated in the MAC which could be an undefeated season if they scheduled easier OOC games. I know it looks great if you can know off a big opponent but at the end of the season, being undefeated with a chance at a BCS bowl is worth a lot more.
+1. Middling OOC and sweep the MAC = you're the talk of ESPN's College Gameday every day in November. Of course they'd be talking about why you don't deserve a BCS bid, but the talking heads would be talking about you none-the-less. You'd also be water-cooler talk for every college football fan in the country.Oh, yeah, and you'd likely be selling out your stadium.

Toledo did a real good job last night...right until Boise realized they had to open the playbook a little more to put them away. When they did that, the difference in talent level shined. Boise is a very talented and well coached team.Toledo is an example of a good MAC program. They don't always win the league and sometimes they have bad seasons. More often than not though, they fight hard and play with pride. When they changed coaches from Toledo Tom to this guy, there wasn't a drastic change in the style of play. They made a decision that freshening up the existing program instead of drastic change was all that was necessary. We decided on a five year "building process". We are idiots with a bad program. They are smart with a good program. Do the math. If you are a fan of Toledo, you have hope for the season because of the way they fight. I don't know how it will end for them because the MAC has some good teams in it this season, but there is hope.Well done Toledo.