Mitch Trubisky

I don't follow the Browns, but Trubisky doesn't seem like a player you'd wanna take a flyer on with the #1 pick.  Unfortunately for the Brownies, there doesn't seem to be a QB worthy of the #1 pick.  If they select Trubisky they're simply hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.  Good luck.

The last time I saw Dave (his father) he was proudly wearing his NC gear in support of his son.  But things have really escalated over the last year.  I probably won't believe this is all happening until I see him and Mitchell sitting in front of the podium at the Draft Show.  It's still so hard for me to believe that someone I've known for so long has a son who is about to become a Multi-Millionaire at 21 yrs. old.    

14 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I don't follow the Browns, but Trubisky doesn't seem like a player you'd wanna take a flyer on with the #1 pick.  Unfortunately for the Brownies, there doesn't seem to be a QB worthy of the #1 pick.  If they select Trubisky they're simply hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.  Good luck.

Despite my bias when it comes to Trubisky, I don't see a #1 chance here at all.  Since I obviously have been following the story non-stop, I think realistically he might go at #6 to the Jets, at the highest.  If not, the Bills could possibly go after him at #10, or the Browns will get a 2nd shot at him at #12.  

A lot could happen with trades, etc.  But this is how it's looking to me right now.  

He'd be a great get at #12.  Plus he'd have less pressure on him.

Idk, but I don't like the Browns.  If they'd have selected Carson Wentz last year he would have been destroyed by lack of pass protection, wouldn't have completed as many passes as he did w/ the Eagles, would have been hurt after 4 games & would have been considered a bust.  As it is he's a bright young star in the league.

23 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

He'd be a great get at #12.  Plus he'd have less pressure on him.

Idk, but I don't like the Browns.  If they'd have selected Carson Wentz last year he would have been destroyed by lack of pass protection, wouldn't have completed as many passes as he did w/ the Eagles, would have been hurt after 4 games & would have been considered a bust.  As it is he's a bright young star in the league.

The Browns invested in a top guard in the league in Zeitler and JC Tretter who has been amazing in Green Bay when he played. Also extended Bitonio who was hurt most of last year and still have Greco who also missed most of the last season. Thomas - Bitonio - Tretter - Zeitler - Coleman/Erving (both looked good in time vs the Steelers the last game of the season) is a top 5 OL.

I'd suggest anyone who wants to crap on the Browns (not saying you are B&G) to compare Kessler vs Wentz's stats from last season.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sergeant Zip said:

Are you referring to this bizarre story?

Actually I was, which is why I was cryptic. I'm also glad it wasn't Trubisky, because I've been a big advocate of the Browns drafting him (though preferably not at No. 1, because I think they can land both Garrett and Trubisky).

Long story short, the person who told me was told by somebody who knew the ID of the person (now confirmed as Gareon Conley) "was a local guy, but not from Cleveland." He didn't know Conley was from Massillon, so thought the person who told him meant Trubisky (Mentor) since the other first round local guy is Marshon Lattimore, who is from Cleveland (Glenville). The person who knew was trying to tell him without telling him and was assuming Mentor=Cleveland ... and Glenville obviously=Cleveland. 

lol, on another note, I've been pretty adamant about Northeast Ohio still producing enough talent where a program up here (be it Akron or Kent) could do some serious damage if it was ever able to elevate itself to the point where it could be a destination for top local talent. I guess this, in a way, is proof. In all but maybe 3-4 other areas, as soon as you said "it was a local guy," it would make it obvious. In this case, it just narrowed it down to three.

Edited by wadszip

1 hour ago, wadszip said:

Long story short, the person who told me was told by somebody who knew the ID of the person

Sounds like you get your information the same way I get mine to post on ZNO i.e. from a guy in a bar who knew someone who was the second cousin of a girl who dated a guy who hung out with the guy in question.:D

33 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

Sounds like you get your information the same way I get mine to post on ZNO i.e. from a guy in a bar who knew someone who was the second cousin of a girl who dated a guy who hung out with the guy in question.:D

I deserve to be killed for my post and the reason I was so cryptic was because I really couldn't believe it. But, actually, the info I got was "good."

The person who knew couldn't exactly tell the person who told me the specific name of the player in question (to cover his own ass), so he tried to give him a softball-sized hint ... It just so happens there are too many first-round picks floating around NE Ohio to keep track of, lol.