23 replies to this topic

#16 Captain Kangaroo

Captain Kangaroo

UA Intramural Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:30 AM

I noticed according to the PD all area teams the last week Trubisky and Snowball were both still undecided. I think Snowball is a senior if I remember correctly so I wonder if his because of lack of offers.

I have to wonder and would be interested in hearing from Cap'n how the message of Bowden was received by Trubisky's dad yesterday. I wonder if we could find a way into the conversation with him...I believe he is currently looking at Big Ten school so it may be a long shot. He has impressive receivers though so maybe we can land some of them.

Unfortunately, like a lot of my college buddies, I haven't seen Dave in almost 20 years. If I do see him on-campus, I will certainly be a responsible ZipsNation member and pose the appropriate questions. ;)

And I agree that Snowball would have a place on the Zips. Maybe only special teams...but he's a tough kid and a winner. He's the type of player we need on our team beginning next season.
"95% of all excuses are probably true. And 100% of them are unacceptable."

-Denny Green-

#17 skip-zip

skip-zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

I noticed according to the PD all area teams the last week Trubisky and Snowball were both still undecided. I think Snowball is a senior if I remember correctly so I wonder if his because of lack of offers.

I have to wonder and would be interested in hearing from Cap'n how the message of Bowden was received by Trubisky's dad yesterday. I wonder if we could find a way into the conversation with him...I believe he is currently looking at Big Ten school so it may be a long shot. He has impressive receivers though so maybe we can land some of them.

Unfortunately, like a lot of my college buddies, I haven't seen Dave in almost 20 years. If I do see him on-campus, I will certainly be a responsible ZipsNation member and pose the appropriate questions. ;)

And I agree that Snowball would have a place on the Zips. Maybe only special teams...but he's a tough kid and a winner. He's the type of player we need on our team beginning next season.

I haven't seen him Dave in a couple of months. But as of last weekend, I've been told that his son has not committed to anyone.

#18 Big Zip

Big Zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

Meyer offers Trubisky.

http://www.news-hera...s/nh5092677.txt

#19 NewZipsFan

NewZipsFan

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

Meyer offers Trubisky.

http://www.news-hera...s/nh5092677.txt

Good for him. I hope he finishes his high school career spectacularly, and goes on to great things at Ohio State. I just bet Urban Meyer won't be his coach for the whole time he's there.

Five years is a LONG time for Urbie :)

I wonder if he's offered any 8th graders yet? :zzz:

#20 Big Zip

Big Zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

http://www.news-hera...02135124412.txt

Trubisky will not be at Akron and I will not share any additional information. The kid is talented and I've seen him about a half dozen times...I'm still surprised to see these kinds of offers.

#21 zestycoyote

zestycoyote

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

Trubisky will not be at Akron and I will not share any additional information. The kid is talented and I've seen him about a half dozen times...I'm still surprised to see these kinds of offers.

I think once OSU offered Trubisky, we all kind of figured he wouldn't be playing in Akron. Unless he suffers some catastrophic injury, which would be a shame, he will be playing in a BCS conference.
Welcome back to civilization Terry Bowden.

#22 Captain Kangaroo

Captain Kangaroo

UA Intramural Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

Trubisky will not be at Akron and I will not share any additional information.

After reading that article, there's other information worth sharing? Seems pretty clear to me - Big schools want him, we don't get him.

I hear he was scared off by the 9 QB's we'll have in camp this summer.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
"95% of all excuses are probably true. And 100% of them are unacceptable."

-Denny Green-

#23 Dr Z

Dr Z

Zips Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,498 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

Trubisky will not be at Akron and I will not share any additional information.

Trubisky will not be at Akron (for now), and I will share additional information.

Mentor junior quarterback Mitch Trubisky narrowed his choices down to Ohio State, Tennessee, Michigan State, defending national champion Alabama and North Carolina. He visited all five of them, but it was Saturday's trip to North Carolina which sealed the deal despite the fact the 6-3, 200-pounder didn't give the Tar Heels his oral commitment until Sunday.

michgamebanner2.jpg

"I've been fortunate in my life time to be part of some big wins, and that would have been the biggest" —Terry Bowden on UA@UM

#24 Big Zip

Big Zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:00 PM

Seems like there might be opportunity to grab some North Carolina kids if this article leads to sanctions.

http://sports.yahoo....-181214478.html

1,500 student athletes took bogus classes?

Hey Terry do us a favor and go get Mitch Trubisky and Brandon Fritts from Mentor...they'd fit your offense very well.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users