Porter to coach U-23's

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zarek's audio blog

Over the Summer when the U-20's were together for World Cup qualifying, Zarek had an audio blog that featured co-host Perry Kitchen. Zarek is again doing the audio blog for this (and hopefully future) U-23 camps. Unfortunately as you will hear if you listen to the blog, he and his former co-host had some artistic differences and had to part ways (despite being roommates).

I love Zarek's sense of humor. This is a pretty insightful and funny look into how their camp has been going in Germany.

Zarek's audio blog

Over the Summer when the U-20's were together for World Cup qualifying, Zarek had an audio blog that featured co-host Perry Kitchen. Zarek is again doing the audio blog for this (and hopefully future) U-23 camps. Unfortunately as you will hear if you listen to the blog, he and his former co-host had some artistic differences and had to part ways (despite being roommates).

I love Zarek's sense of humor. This is a pretty insightful and funny look into how their camp has been going in Germany.

Thanks Yaz! These are always good! I requested he add Bobby Wood while in the U-20's over the summer. As my request, Wood was co-host in one of the recordings and supposedly it got deleted somehow. Haha

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives...af-mexico-.html

We drew a pretty soft group. To an extent, that's nice, but it'd almost be nicer to have Honduras in our Group so we won't have to play them in a must-win semis game

I like our team's chances, though.

US U-23 on USsoccer.com

"Porter will soon announce a roster for a domestic training camp that will be held from Dec. 15-23 in Sarasota, Fla. "

Zarek's audio blog

Thanks Yaz! These are always good! I requested he add Bobby Wood while in the U-20's over the summer. As my request, Wood was co-host in one of the recordings and supposedly it got deleted somehow. Haha

Unfortunately, it appears Bobby Shou Wood, "the next Brian Ching" :D was deleted from the Florida U23 camp by Coach Porter. Can we ask Zarek to put him back in? ;)

Zarek's audio blog

Unfortunately, it appears Bobby Shou Wood, "the next Brian Ching" :D was deleted from the Florida U23 camp by Coach Porter. Can we ask Zarek to put him back in? ;)

Bobby Shou Wood suffered a knee injury a few weeks ago as he was just starting to get back into playing time with 1860 Munich first team. Because of damage to the lateral meniscus in his knee. Expected to be back to training after the winter break.

Zarek's audio blog

Bobby Shou Wood suffered a knee injury a few weeks ago as he was just starting to get back into playing time with 1860 Munich first team. Because of damage to the lateral meniscus in his knee. Expected to be back to training after the winter break.

Thanks for da info, Crew8! Hawai'i needs another US international badly. With the growth of Academy League (and impossibility of Hawaii ever having a team in it), the only way we'll get players to the top of the heap is for them to grow elsewhere, as has occured with Wood and the UCLA freshman (forget his name, Grandfather owns a VW dealership!) who left Hawaii (Kailua, Oahu) for Orange County and became a Development Academy League all-star, touring Europe last Summer with Gallego and Yedlin.

Zarek's audio blog

Thanks for da info, Crew8! Hawai'i needs another US international badly. With the growth of Academy League (and impossibility of Hawaii ever having a team in it), the only way we'll get players to the top of the heap is for them to grow elsewhere, as has occured with Wood and the UCLA freshman (forget his name, Grandfather owns a VW dealership!) who left Hawaii (Kailua, Oahu) for Orange County and became a Development Academy League all-star, touring Europe last Summer with Gallego and Yedlin.

Reed McKenna.

Don't think I can make it to London, but is anyone thinking of heading to Nashville for the CONCACAF Qualifying Group Stage(March 22, 24, & 26)

USA Match Times and Ticket Prices - Tickets go on sale Dec. 20th. I would imagine AO Supporter Section Tickets will be up for sale shortly too.

Don't think I can make it to London, but is anyone thinking of heading to Nashville for the CONCACAF Qualifying Group Stage(March 22, 24, & 26)

USA Match Times and Ticket Prices - Tickets go on sale Dec. 20th. I would imagine AO Supporter Section Tickets will be up for sale shortly too.

I'd love to, but I don't know if I'll be able to schedule around my current project.

Porter's U-23s had an intra-squad scrimmage today. As far as our former Zips go, Zarek and Teal started for what appeared to be an A squad. Zarek went 90 at left back and Teal came out at the half but was subbed back in later. Kofi played for the other team which appeared to have not quite as talented of personnel as the other team. Despite this, Kofi's team won 2-0.

Article from US Soccer

Can anyone tell me why Perry Kitchen is not in this camp? He has to be one of our best U23 defenders. I probably missed something and if you could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Thanks. :wave: