Replacement rumors.

ZachTheZip

Who  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The only podium speech I ever want to see Wistrcill give is his resignation.

Speaking of which,I wonder how long Wistrcill will be around after a new coach is hired?

Probably through the end of the academic year. The AD coaching carousel usually happens in the summer months unless somebody gets fired mid-season for a scandal.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just saw where Tulane may be interested in Northwestern offensive coordinator Mick McCall. Given that he has ties to the MAC (having been at BG in the past) and the Midwest plus has had a huge hand in developing some pretty good QBs at Northwestern, should the Zips be looking at this guy?

coachingsearch.com mentions an intriguing name.

Akron: The administration has hired Collegiate Sports Associates to help with the search. Keep an eye on Stanford special teams coordinator / recruiting coordinator Brian Polian.

I've talked to the head guy @ Collegiate Sports Associates and he's got a history of finding good fits for mid-major programs. He's the one who got Hunter Y. the sweet gig @ Coastal Carolina.

We paid the previous search agency $50K to find us one of Wistricill's buddies....that sounds like stealing.

The new company is only being paid $25K man I hope we don't get half of what we got for $50K.

See my new topic "Connect the dots" this could be wonderful or tragic.

Joe Moorhead is interviewing for the Fordham job today. Are we really competing with Fordham for football coaches now?

Fordham is Moorhead's alma mater.

Maybe he wants to recreate the “Seven Blocks of Granite”?

Hopefully whoever we hire will make a HUGE improvement in OUR offensive line. The 2009-2011 versions were more like the “Seven Slivers of Talc” :lol:

I hope UA is looking at Mike Bajakian:

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footbl/...ian_mike00.html

I really like his resume and the diversity in it. He is still young, but has had many different experiences. Offensive minded, former QB. He has coached in Michigan and Ohio (mostly) and is from the East. So he has potential contacts in areas where we should be concentrating our recruiting efforts. He has experience in the MAC, is already in Ohio (unlike the thought of plucking guys from California or what not) and has led successful offenses over the last few years as OC.

I really like his resume and the diversity in it. He is still young, but has had many different experiences. Offensive minded, former QB. He has coached in Michigan and Ohio (mostly) and is from the East. So he has potential contacts in areas where we should be concentrating our recruiting efforts. He has experience in the MAC, is already in Ohio (unlike the thought of plucking guys from California or what not) and has led successful offenses over the last few years as OC.

I like the resume.

1. mac experience so he knows how hard it is to win in the mac.

2. Good experiece in the midwest

3. Coached with winning teams

4. Offense, offense, offense wins games in the mac and puts people in seats.

5. Looks like the under the radar guy I would like to see

Again, bringing in good candidates makes for a good decision. It's like going to a party and all 20 girls there are good looking. If you pick one up, you couldn't make a bad decision.

coachingsearch.com mentions an intriguing name.

Akron: The administration has hired Collegiate Sports Associates to help with the search. Keep an eye on Stanford special teams coordinator / recruiting coordinator Brian Polian.

I've talked to the head guy @ Collegiate Sports Associates and he's got a history of finding good fits for mid-major programs. He's the one who got Hunter Y. the sweet gig @ Coastal Carolina.

Oh my,another position coordinator/recruiting coordinator. Might work but nothing there to hang your hat on. Another OJT.

I like the resume.

Again, bringing in good candidates makes for a good decision. It's like going to a party and all 20 girls there are good looking. If you pick one up, you couldn't make a bad decision.

All 20 girls at the party may be good looking, but you could still end up picking up the prettiest one and then find out later that you made a bad, bad decision.

I like the resume.

I want a guy with more experience AND with HC experience. Look, 9 years ago the guy was a graduate assistant, Now you want him as HC?

I like the resume.

I want a guy with more experience AND with HC experience. Look, 9 years ago the guy was a graduate assistant, Now you want him as HC?

Fickell was HC at OSU 11 years after being a grad assistant (and NEVER being a 100% coordinator)...granted, under "odd" circumstances. But many wanted him here 2 years ago. Chris Peterson was the freshmen coach (yeah, freshmen coach) at UC Davis 9 years before becoming head coach at Boise. Dabo Swinney became Asst HC at Clemson 8 years after being a GA for 3 years. Those may not be the norm, but those are 3 younger heach coaches that I quickly looked up to see where they would fit in comparison.

Not even saying this guy should be the guy. Just the TYPE of guy UA should be looking at in their national search. I get wanting experienc and HC experience. You are limiting the field a LOT for realistic guys coming to UA then, IMHO. Winters and Gill are a couple that come to mind.

It might surprise you where Fickell ends up...not where he's going exactly, but you'll be surprised at what position he might be holding next year...
I'm REAL surprised. Simply amazing. :rolleyes:

I wasn't too far off..Not surprised he stayed in OSU like I said above, but what I said people should be surprised about, is that he's probably going to keep his head coaching salary without having to have much responsibility with only being the playcaller on defense partially(heard Withers and him were going to split it). Now, things have seemed to possibly change just a little. I figured he may only be a position coach, which would surprised me and thought many people were going to be surprised too, but apparently, i was off by a lot on this one. Oh well...I'll take the heat this time :tomato:

I like the resume.

If he is a good candidate, he should get an interview. I would like more experience as well.