Zarek Valentin, Montreal Impact

Meet Zarek Valentin

Q: What are your plans for the off-season?

A: I took a week off, first time in two years, and relaxed…spent some time with my family. After the jersey unveiling event, I’m heading back to L.A. to pack up and organize my things. Later, I’m hoping to get an invite to the U.S. U23 National Team camp in March in preparations for Olympic qualifying.

Meet Zarek Valentin

A: I took a week off, first time in two years, and relaxed…spent some time with my family. After the jersey unveiling event, I’m heading back to L.A. to pack up and organize my things. Later, I’m hoping to get an invite to the U.S. U23 National Team camp in March in preparations for Olympic qualifying.

Thanks for posting the link! That's a nice Q&A they did with him. If he really tries to learn some French, he'll have it made in that city.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new jerseys.

Meet Zarek Valentin

Sounds like 'Z' is already taking nicely to his new home. I remember what a blast he had taking his ex-teammates to the Santa Monica pier in September. I hope he can convince Brian Ching to be so open-minded about the city. Can imagine the languages on the club, besides Anglaise and Francaise there could be Spanish, Bosnian and Hawaiian! :D

Meet Zarek Valentin

Thanks for posting the link! That's a nice Q&A they did with him. If he really tries to learn some French, he'll have it made in that city.

Here are some photos to the new Montreal Impact Jerseys with your former Akron Zips.

I couldn't find these same photos on the website.

Meet Zarek Valentin

Here are some photos to the new Montreal Impact Jerseys with your former Akron Zips.

I couldn't find these same photos on the website.

Does EVERYTHING in that country have to be sponsored by BMO? They look like Toronto FC's AAA farm club!

A must read, written by Julian Valentin for The Shin Guardian - Oreo Prose: The Maturation of Zarek Valentin

One of the best pieces I've read in a long time. Thanks for sharing!

Come to think about it, when I talked to Julian during the Galaxy tour of Hawaii in 2006 (7?), he had oreos on his breath, just like Z when I met him in Northridge. :P

Regarding Julian Valentin's reference to now being in baseball, I had to find out what that meant. Apparently, after leaving the Galaxy, he spent some time in USL at Tampa Bay, then took a job managing the Colorado Rockies web and social media. And, somehow I didn't realize that was HIM who got stomped by a Suckeye in the NCAA Championship game. Thought it was Balc or some Sucker.