Wayne State Game

Blue & Gold

Here is the link for today's Wayne State -vs- Minnesota Duluth game. Just click on the game & it'll take you to the live stream page.

1:00 p.m.

[Edit]: You may want to keep in mind that Minn-Duluth is the #1 ranked team in the country, so Wayne State is the decided underdog. I guess Minn-Duluth is a powerhouse, so this may not be the best game to watch to get a first impression of a Paul Winters team.

Now 24-11.

I like what I am seeing, but watching this game reveals how big of a jump it is from a D2 school to a D1A. This looks like a glorified D1 high school game.

We should be happy the Zips didn't play either team this year.

lol....as bad as we are, we would absolutely destroy either of these teams.

Now 24-11.

I like what I am seeing, but watching this game reveals how big of a jump it is from a D2 school to a D1A. This looks like a glorified D1 high school game.

Sadly, I think you're right. :(

Come on...don't be crazy.

Now 24-11.

ha, you really never know. We were getting blown out by the worst teams in FBS at the end of the year.

Now 24-11.

ha, you really never know. We were getting blown out by the worst teams in FBS at the end of the year.

I think that was more of the players showing the university administrators that they had given up and wanted a change. Those teams aren't THAT much more talented.

Now 24-11.

I think that was more of the players showing the university administrators that they had given up and wanted a change. Those teams aren't THAT much more talented.

well then it's definitely good we didn't play them at the end of the year. Imagine the message that would have sent.

Whether he gets the UA job or not, it's nice to see a Winters' team win some games like this because the Zips usually came out on the wrong end of these wild ones under LO.

A couple things stand out:

1) I saw a lot of the same offset I formation Paul used at UA.

2) The Warrior O-line does a nice job of continuing their blocks and blocking downfield.

3) Wayne St has MAC caliber players at the skill positions, minus the depth.

It's hard not to be impressed with them winning 3 straight on the road.