NEW AKRON SPORTS?

zippyrifle32

Women's Golf or Bowling  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thats a great idea. now how about you donate the 20 plus million dollars its going to cost to tear down the JAR build a new arena and fund the starting of a hockey team. because I dont think the school has that much spare budget lying around or it would already be working on the new football field to go along with there 2 practice fields.

I keep reading folks mention wrestling, and the need to move forward on Title IX. Well, duh, put the two together, and you have one of the fastest growing sports in the US -- women's wrestling! And, oh, Heaven forbid... I'm sure one of you guys will ask if they wrestle in the same singlets the men wear! Sorry. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

the true question here is why hasnt someone started a dodgeball club team at akron?if there is one please let me know, but all the schools in the area all have one. I played against OSU's and Cant's team out in Chicago for the Nationals and it was so enjoyable to pound on Can't that i wondered why we wouldnt start a team here so i could do it again.

but really by definition [shooting] is not a sport...but who cares
Per Dictionary.com, a sport is "an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature."In all seriousness, "shooting" :gun: is most definitely a sport. I prefer to call it marksmanship. The trigger puller, if you will, has to been in shape, have excellent muscle control and relaxation, understand how to develop the correct bone support, and have controlled breathing. There is incredible amounts of mental focus and knowledge of one's body required. It demands complete concentration. Consider the focus like a batter in the batters box focusing on a pitch until they can see the seems of the ball. Or, the pitchers focus on the glove of the catch, trying to throw the perfect pitch. The shooter has to practice getting into the shooting positions until they are considered a natural position for them. Complete body control. Discipline is everything. It takes extreme discipline to hold these uncomfortable positions, to not jerk the trigger, to look at the front sight post when it’s so easy to focus on the target instead.In the words of my fellow comrades, "sight alignment, sight picture, right between the eyes, a slow steady squeeze and another commie dies."