Its going to be Terry Bowden

Hilltopper

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patience grasshopper. All I can do is pass on whats been told to me in the last few minutes. If I'm wrong, I will man up and admit it. I don't think I'm wrong.

I don't either. This is about the best scenario I could have imagined at this point.

Yeah, this is a pretty good scenario, really. Wasn't Auburn under some pretty big sanctions when he started there, and they still had a strong run (yes, I know it's been over a decade now)?

Is this a coup for TW then?

Is it a coup to hire somebody nobody else looked at?

I'm not saying it's a bad hire, just don't think you could call it a coup.

Well you went from a nobody that no one had ever heard of to a big name successful coach that would have had a great career had he not been thrown under the bus by Auburn's Alumni.

Patience grasshopper. All I can do is pass on whats been told to me in the last few minutes. If I'm wrong, I will man up and admit it. I don't think I'm wrong.

I don't either. This is about the best scenario I could have imagined at this point.

+1.

This has truly been a rollercoaster ride. But it looks like we're gonna finish on a high note! I'd definitely be happy with this hire. TB would bring a lot of instant credibility to Zips football.

Hell. I would have picked TB over the two who turned down the position.

ABSOLUTELY!!

Where did this come from?

I said from Day 1 that I wanted an experienced D-1A coach as my first choice. I never imagined we could get one from the SEC, who had some great success! Fot God's Sake, this guy was once the D-1A COACH OF THE YEAR!

I've been making a lot of phone calls in the last half hour. Everyone is excited. This is exactly what we needed to jumpstart our program.

from Todd Porter on Twitter (@toddporter):

Akron offered football job to two coach. Paul Winters and Terry Bowden. Loeffler wasn't offered. One other high profile Ohio coach interview But was not offered the job. Bowden flew in Wed nite, flew out Thursday morning with contract, that will pay between $375,00 and $400,000

Well at least now we have a chance of not getting blown out by Kant State this next season. Good choice I think. His name alone should help with recruiting, and stir some interest back into the program. I just wonder how long it will take the Beacon Journal to start covering UA football now that they have a coach that people might have actually heard of.