Its going to be Terry Bowden

Hilltopper

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like B&G, I too said some pretty uncomplimentary things during this ordeal and pissed some people off in the process. Sorry 'bout that.

I was thinking about it last night in bed, about how frustrating this whole process was, and came to the conclusion that I had earlier said anything was better than keeping Ianello for another year. "Anything" was what we all were living through during this search and although it seemed like the most absolutely dark and dismal days we had ever seen, Ianello still had to go. I felt a little more at ease when I thought about it in those terms.

I had gotten on ZN.O for the first time today to kinda state these feelings I had last night only to see 6 pages talking about the Bowden hire. Wow. What an emotion swing.

Hopefully the football board will return to its kinder and gentler nature now. Prolly not. :D

Ar you crazy?

This is the most action this place has seen ever.

Action can't be kind and gentle? (Hint: last line of my previous post was a little joke.)

No, Sorry. You are right.

You can't even let one small comment go by without making a contradictory comment about it. Carry on!

Dude, I was joking. Geez, you are tight wound.

The silhouette has been filled!

I was told the silhouette was actually Paul Winters', and due to a reduced Marketing budget we were forced to find a coach whose head dimensions were identical to Paul's.

Man, did we get lucky. B)

:lol: Can you imagine if they had to squeeze Mangino into that silhouette? All's well that ends well. Go Zips!!!

The silhouette has been filled!

I was told the silhouette was actually Paul Winters', and due to a reduced Marketing budget we were forced to find a coach whose head dimensions were identical to Paul's.

Man, did we get lucky. B)

The silhouette was just from google. Run a image search for "silhouette" and you'll see it a few times. I know you were joking, but I don't think a silhouette would cost any money haha

What a relief. Love this hire and the excitement it is already generating.

Doesn't really change my POV on TW and how it all was handled (of note in particular is the line from the Repository about him contacting the U--wtf? How was he not in the consideration set?). I'm hopeful that with his experience, Coach Bowden will get things moving in the right direction quickly.

Vv exciting news!!

Perhaps his name recognition and the appealing depth chart will help him salvage a decent recruiting class.

Start winning and that bring the recruits. With an even coaching playing field, we should dominate recruiting in the MAC based on facilities alone. If we have better coaching, good times are coming.

Now who does he bring in as assistants. No need for a new topic I don't think.

Interesting. No names come to mind and maybe that is a good thing. Maybe the type of person he is looking for would be more appropriate for where we are today. The one thing he really lacks is the connection with Ohio coaches. He will need to get some guys connected around Ohio, Michigan and W. PA.

Now who does he bring in as assistants. No need for a new topic I don't think.

Interesting. No names come to mind and maybe that is a good thing. Maybe the type of person he is looking for would be more appropriate for where we are today. The one thing he really lacks is the connection with Ohio coaches. He will need to get some guys connected around Ohio, Michigan and W. PA.

Well with his ties from W. Va that should help a little. But you are right, we need some Great Lakes/Appalachian connections.

We have a great marketing department. It's just the fact that it has to be "safe" for them to post the announcement. It's not UA's fault that the information got leaked so much sooner.

As long as it got people to follow on facebook and twitter, it was a good idea.

Guys, guys...

We went from no one paying attention to the program, to being front page of ESPN and CBS for a bit, Plain Dealer, Beacon, Canton Rep and we were trending on twitter.

The "leak" was on purpose. People follow footballscoop on twitter. Akron leaked it to them, social media has done the rest.

I'll go out on a limb and say that this hire will get 1,000 times the publicity of hiring Winters or Loeffler.

This is EXACTLY what Zips Football needed, and I've been pushing for this kind of move all along.