Its going to be Terry Bowden

Hilltopper

So how soon will some of you be sending TW "great job" emails and letters? ;)

I know this board is anonymous (who cares who "Blue & Gold" is? No one.), but I definitely owe TW an appology for some of the things I've posted on ZNO over the last few days. This is an excellent hire and I'm excited about Zips football again.

I really had lost faith. This feels GREAT!

I'm not anonymous at all on here, and called for Tom Wistrcill's head a few days ago. Opps!!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how soon will some of you be sending TW "great job" emails and letters? ;)

I know this board is anonymous (who cares who "Blue & Gold" is? No one.), but I definitely owe TW an appology for some of the things I've posted on ZNO over the last few days. This is an excellent hire and I'm excited about Zips football again.

I really had lost faith. This feels GREAT!

I'm not anonymous at all on here, and called for Tom Wistrcill's head a few days ago. Opps!!

That's right! Well, you've got bigger brass balls than I. :lol:

Think about the ELITE TRIO OF COACHES Akron now has:

Football: TERRY BOWDEN

Basketball: KEITH DAMBROT

Soccer: CALEB PORTER

Am I dreaming? I don't wanna wake up. There's not a stronger coaching lineup anywhere in the MAC, maybe not even in Ohio.

let's not get ahead of ourselves here.... ;)

I wonder if Gerry Faust's old connection with Bowden helped up pull this off ??

I share the sentiment that Bowden was one of the best available. Correct me if i'm wrong, didn't he spend some time with the Zips as an assistant?

Anybody that experienced the Rubber Bowl trough's has instant street cred in my book!!

WOOT

Go Zips!!! Ku*k Fent!!!

Spent one year (1986 I believe) as an assistant for Gerry. And you'd think CoachGerry would have more to say about that ;):lol:

If you're looking for Akron connections, he was also at Auburn when Bill Muse was the President.

Yeah, and Auburn and Akron both start with "A" so he doesnt need to buy a new hat.

Well, I guess TW can be excused for not attending the NC A&T b-ball game last night (... and I don't think he was at the YSU game Monday night either).

VERY excited about the hire. Should help with recruiting and butts in seats immediately (instead of wait-and-see).

Go Zips! :thumb:

I absolutely love this hire. Just when I thought it couldn't get much worse for Akron football, they totally redeem themselves by bringing in Bowden. TB is arguably the best guy available not named Tressel. Go Zips!

Nice Dumb and Dumber reference (kind of an odd one considering the hire is NOT dumb... :-).

Great hire!!!

I absolutely love this hire. Just when I thought it couldn't get much worse for Akron football, they totally redeem themselves by bringing in Bowden. TB is arguably the best guy available not named Tressel. Go Zips!

Nice Dumb and Dumber reference (kind of an odd one considering the hire is NOT dumb... :-).

Great hire!!!

That's funny. I was actually thinking the same thing when I typed it.

I wonder if Gerry Faust's old connection with Bowden helped up pull this off ??

I share the sentiment that Bowden was one of the best available. Correct me if i'm wrong, didn't he spend some time with the Zips as an assistant?

Anybody that experienced the Rubber Bowl trough's has instant street cred in my book!!

WOOT

Go Zips!!! Ku*k Fent!!!

Yes, that's why i've mentioned it.

He was our QB coach under Faust back in about 1987

Who was our QB in 87? I was 10 forgive me for my lack of knowledge.

Andy Kubik was the QB in 1987. Bowden was not the coach that year...Carr was. Andy started one year as a redshirt frosh then Faust brought in Mike Johnson and Andy was on scout team for the rest of his career at Akron. Jeff Sweitzer was the #2 QB and then started after Johnson graduated.