Its going to be Terry Bowden

Hilltopper

will pay between $375,00 and $400,000

You mean to tell me we're getting a guy like this at a price like that? Looks like Christmas has come a couple days early for the Zips! Now if you excuse me, I have some wood to knock on.

370k could be the base salary with incentives. Similar to how Caleb Porter's base Salary is 270k and he gets bonuses which add up to around 380k a year.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least now we have a chance of not getting blown out by Kant State this next season. Good choice I think. His name alone should help with recruiting, and stir some interest back into the program. I just wonder how long it will take the Beacon Journal to start covering UA football now that they have a coach that people might have actually heard of.

Major problem with the Beacon is George Thomas covers the Zips. Might be time to start a facebook page calling for the Beacon to fire George Thomas and replace his full-time position with Michael Beaven.

Terry Bowden is the coach I screamed for two years ago during the abbreviated "search." His credentials are second to none. This amazing hiring is on-par with, or better than, Jim Tressel. A winner, without the sanctions and baggage. This one move will do exactly what we've all been calling for: energize the dormant fanbase, fill InfoCision, attract recruits, excite the campus, keep players from leaving....and, above all, WIN GAMES.

I don't know what part TW played in this. If he made it happen, kudos to him. It's the move he had to make two years ago...and went brain dead.

Simply put, this is the BIGGEST UPGRADE IN A COACHING POSITION IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY.

P.S. As a new beat reporter, George Thomas couldn't have taken vacation at a worse time.

I wonder if Gerry Faust's old connection with Bowden helped up pull this off ??

I share the sentiment that Bowden was one of the best available. Correct me if i'm wrong, didn't he spend some time with the Zips as an assistant?

Anybody that experienced the Rubber Bowl trough's has instant street cred in my book!!

WOOT

Go Zips!!! Ku*k Fent!!!

I share the sentiment that Bowden was one of the best available. Correct me if i'm wrong, didn't he spend some time with the Zips as an assistant?

Anybody that experienced the Rubber Bowl trough's has instant street cred in my book!!

WOOT

Go Zips!!! Ku*k Fent!!!

He coached the QB's under Faust in the mid 80's for a year or 2.

WOOT

Go Zips!!! Ku*k Fent!!!

Wiki says he was an assistant at UA in 1986.

WOOT

Go Zips!!! Ku*k Fent!!!

Spent one year (1986 I believe) as an assistant for Gerry. And you'd think CoachGerry would have more to say about that ;):lol:

Terry Bowden is the coach I screamed for two years ago during the abbreviated "search." His credentials are second to none. This amazing hiring is on-par with, or better than, Jim Tressel. A winner, without the sanctions and baggage. This one move will do exactly what we've all been calling for: energize the dormant fanbase, fill InfoCision, attract recruits, excite the campus, keep players from leaving....and, above all, WIN GAMES.

I don't know what part TW played in this. If he made it happen, kudos to him. It's the move he had to make two years ago...and went brain dead.

Agreed. There weren't many names remaining that would get me excited. This is one.

Beats the hell out of Temple's offensive coordinator.

WOOT

Go Zips!!! Ku*k Fent!!!

Yes, that's why i've mentioned it.

He was our QB coach under Faust back in about 1987

WOOT

Go Zips!!! Ku*k Fent!!!

Spent one year (1986 I believe) as an assistant for Gerry. And you'd think CoachGerry would have more to say about that ;):lol:

If you're looking for Akron connections, he was also at Auburn when Bill Muse was the President.

WOOT

Go Zips!!! Ku*k Fent!!!

Who was our QB in 87? I was 10 forgive me for my lack of knowledge.

Simply put, this is the BIGGEST UPGRADE IN A COACHING POSITION IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY.

P.S. As a new beat reporter, George Thomas couldn't have taken vacation at a worse time.

the guy has been super lazy with his writing (Wayne State Lions?). His movie reviews were awful. This was a perfect time for his vacation to dodge some work because he figured he'd be busy around this time.

WOOT

Go Zips!!! Ku*k Fent!!!

Who was our QB in 87? I was 10 forgive me for my lack of knowledge.

Mike Johnson, I believe. Maybe that makes him an OC candidate now?

So how soon will some of you be sending TW "great job" emails and letters? ;)

I know this board is anonymous (who cares who "Blue & Gold" is? No one.), but I definitely owe TW an apology for some of the things I've posted on ZNO over the last few days. This is an excellent hire and I'm excited about Zips football again.

I really had lost faith. This feels GREAT!

Sorry, not going to send TW any apologies any time soon. He hasn't proven a thing to me now that I really sit down and think about it. This is a great hire and a step in the right direction for this program, but until I see progress beyond just the team's performance, I am not sold on this guy...