Its going to be Terry Bowden

Hilltopper

Which is more of a college coach then Faust, who was a High School coach with High School ideas.

I like Faust, I went to one of his football camps when I was in high school. But don't pull out coaching level. His plan failed at Notre Dame and was very average here and prior to Notre Dame he only had Moeller as experience.

The failures of the Zips football program go far beyond who the head coach was when they made the jump. One could write a book.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty amazing that Bowden beat out Gus Malzahn for most intriguing hire. After directing Cam Newton as offensive coordinator for Auburn's 2010 national championship team, Malzahn was one of the hottest properties in college coaching, and his move to Arkansas State was a stunner.

Here's a direct link to the page in the story that mentions that: CBS Sports

That's pretty amazing that Bowden beat out Gus Malzahn for most intriguing hire. After directing Cam Newton as offensive coordinator for Auburn's 2010 national championship team, Malzahn was one of the hottest properties in college coaching, and his move to Arkansas State was a stunner.

Here's a direct link to the page in the story that mentions that: CBS Sports

There is a lot more to things than meet the eye, I suppose. A ten year span away from coaching the game was obviously a much bigger obstacle than Coach Bowden imagined. He wasn't away in another profession -- he had the greatest job in college football for many years with the ABC Studio Show in Times Square - when that was the ONLY half-time show out there (before ESPN had any of them). Then in broadcasting and writing about the game. He learned a LOT while "studying" the game for 10 years. Then going 26-9 in his first three seasons back, is pretty dadgum good. People have just been on this "gotta find the hottest young coordinator who has never been a head coach" kick for the past 5-10 years - and it just doesn't always work out for the best. Experience has proven to be a very, very important factor :)

• 1 year later...