Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
akzipper

Support The Zips

9 posts in this topic

Nike is doing a contest, guess the top 15 teams with the most "roars" gets t-shirts made. Kind of pointless really, but I guess it would be a way to get a bit a national recognition from Nike. Possibly get us some better Nike gear to buy at team shops if they realize that we do have a few hundred fans haha. Would be cool to get some Nike "Fear The Roo" shirts.

If you want to vote:

Nike Basketball

We have the most "days won" with 9, but Duke is leading with over 200000

...I know I misspelled the title, can't figure out how to change it!

Edited by akzipper

Ranked 60th overall, up from 61 yesterday.

I've noticed that a lot of the people supporting this believe that the daily ranking is the overall rank.

Ranked 60th overall, up from 61 yesterday.

I've noticed that a lot of the people supporting this believe that the daily ranking is the overall rank.

I noticed a lot of people supporting this too. But saw on twitter and facebook, the Akron Basketball account mentioned it yesterday and Follow The Roo did this morning. Wonder if it's just a coincidence or they noticed it on ZipsNation?

I noticed a lot of people supporting this too. But saw on twitter and facebook, the Akron Basketball account mentioned it yesterday and Follow The Roo did this morning. Wonder if it's just a coincidence or they noticed it on ZipsNation?

What happens is when you do it on Twitter, it sends a mention to the @akronzipsmbb official account. So they hear about it every time. They probably noticed a bunch of mentions yesterday and wondered what it was, and then decided to help promote it. It's crowdsourced (a.k.a. word-of-mouth) advertising. Can't beat that.

We're in 60th place right now. About 200 behind Utah State and 900 behind UCF.

Also, we can change our slogan to FEAR THE ROO by "roar"-ing that the most. Would you be more likely to want a FEAR THE ROO shirt or a LETS TO ZIPS shirt?