#1 Jason

Jason

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:Football, hockey, baseball

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

COach Bowden will be on with Munch! I am sure they will put it up as a downloadable clip later in the day. Its a weak station so most of us dont get it. I have it on my computer!

#2 Jason

Jason

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

Sorry... he had to reschedule...errrrrr

#3 Jalapeņo Zippy

Jalapeņo Zippy

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:56 AM

Sorry... he had to reschedule...errrrrr

weather I bet, lol. It is a bear out there this morning.

#4 Dr Z

Dr Z

Zips Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

I love the fact that you hear something from coach Bowden every couple of days. Coach keeps my enthusiasm up for the progrum.

michgamebanner2.jpg

"I've been fortunate in my life time to be part of some big wins, and that would have been the biggest" —Terry Bowden on UA@UM

#5 ZipRoo

ZipRoo

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

WKNR and WKNR2 really need to do something about their signal. Early morning and beginning early evening, I can hardly even tune them in. Ditto for 92.3 The Fan. I enjoy The Fan's lineup, but except for my car radio, it's nearly impossible to get the signal in Cuyahoga Falls, even in the middle of the day.

#6 Zipgrad01

Zipgrad01

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

WKNR and WKNR2 really need to do something about their signal. Early morning and beginning early evening, I can hardly even tune them in. Ditto for 92.3 The Fan. I enjoy The Fan's lineup, but except for my car radio, it's nearly impossible to get the signal in Cuyahoga Falls, even in the middle of the day.

WKNR just needs to get rid of all their drive home lineup. I can't take Brenda and negative Ned. I flip the channel every day to 92.3 and they are only slightly better.

#7 ZipRoo

ZipRoo

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

WKNR just needs to get rid of all their drive home lineup. I can't take Brenda and negative Ned. I flip the channel every day to 92.3 and they are only slightly better.

Have to strongly disagree with you there; Greg Brinda is my top choice at KNR. Speaks his mind clearly and holds nothing back. He was the very first Cleveland talk show host who had the guts to publicly call out Mark Shapiro & Co. and state: "THIS ISN'T WORKING." The very worst on KNR is the 6pm paid Browns show with Vic Carucci.....I didn't think it was possible to LISTEN to paint dry. I instantly change the channel at 6p.

I much, much prefer the 92.3 midday lineup (Phelps & Baskin) over the egomanic Rizzo and his non-stop promotions/commercial talk.

#8 Jason

Jason

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:00 PM

If we are talking radio stations I have to give the nod to The Fan... Kiley and Booms just kill me! I realize its basically a who can one up the other with their ridicolous comments, but they are a lot of fun. I don't get to listen to Baskin and Phelps but they seem to just tell it like it is and are pretty good at that. The Bull and the Fox are growing on me for sure, but they are far from my favorites. I have pretty much completely wiped WKNR off my map and other than the Zips same for 1350!

#9 scottditzen

scottditzen

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

Have to strongly disagree with you there; Greg Brinda is my top choice at KNR. Speaks his mind clearly and holds nothing back. He was the very first Cleveland talk show host who had the guts to publicly call out Mark Shapiro & Co. and state: "THIS ISN'T WORKING." The very worst on KNR is the 6pm paid Browns show with Vic Carucci.....I didn't think it was possible to LISTEN to paint dry. I instantly change the channel at 6p.

I much, much prefer the 92.3 midday lineup (Phelps & Baskin) over the egomanic Rizzo and his non-stop promotions/commercial talk.

Agree I have grown to really appreciate Brinda. I'm almost certain he's been drinking on the job, which gives him instant street cred in my book.

Then again, after following CLE sports, can you blame him!!

Kiley and Booms are great. I like Rizzo too. Then again, I'd go crazy listening to any show every single day. Overall I like both stations.

Regardless, I think it's absolutely crucial that UA invite every NEO sports station to have a meaningful presence at the games. Keep us on the radar as much as possible.

#10 Z.I.P.

Z.I.P.

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

Bring back Pete Franklin! :D

#11 Zipgrad01

Zipgrad01

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

Agree I have grown to really appreciate Brinda. I'm almost certain he's been drinking on the job, which gives him instant street cred in my book.

Then again, after following CLE sports, can you blame him!!

Kiley and Booms are great. I like Rizzo too. Then again, I'd go crazy listening to any show every single day. Overall I like both stations.

Regardless, I think it's absolutely crucial that UA invite every NEO sports station to have a meaningful presence at the games. Keep us on the radar as much as possible.

Breda-Brinda, whatever. He is a moron. I feel dumber ever time I listen to that idiot.

#12 ZipRoo

ZipRoo

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:21 PM

It shows, Zipgrad01, it shows.

#13 Zipgrad01

Zipgrad01

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

It shows, Zipgrad01, it shows.

Care to expand on that?

#14 mivid12

mivid12

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:52 AM

am stations are required to power down in the evening for some reason....been that way for decades

greg brinda tells it like it is and doesn't coddle or make excuses for the pathetic cleveland sports teams....how can you not like that?

#15 Keener'92

Keener'92

Titan of the Tankard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

Kinda off topic, but didn't want to start a new thread. Bobby Bowden interview. Start listening at 10:30 for a chuckle.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users