Late notice but at 815 am WKNR2 1540 am

zipsfan33

WKNR and WKNR2 really need to do something about their signal. Early morning and beginning early evening, I can hardly even tune them in. Ditto for 92.3 The Fan. I enjoy The Fan's lineup, but except for my car radio, it's nearly impossible to get the signal in Cuyahoga Falls, even in the middle of the day.

WKNR and WKNR2 really need to do something about their signal. Early morning and beginning early evening, I can hardly even tune them in. Ditto for 92.3 The Fan. I enjoy The Fan's lineup, but except for my car radio, it's nearly impossible to get the signal in Cuyahoga Falls, even in the middle of the day.

WKNR just needs to get rid of all their drive home lineup. I can't take Brenda and negative Ned. I flip the channel every day to 92.3 and they are only slightly better.

WKNR just needs to get rid of all their drive home lineup. I can't take Brenda and negative Ned. I flip the channel every day to 92.3 and they are only slightly better.

Have to strongly disagree with you there; Greg Brinda is my top choice at KNR. Speaks his mind clearly and holds nothing back. He was the very first Cleveland talk show host who had the guts to publicly call out Mark Shapiro & Co. and state: "THIS ISN'T WORKING." The very worst on KNR is the 6pm paid Browns show with Vic Carucci.....I didn't think it was possible to LISTEN to paint dry. I instantly change the channel at 6p.

I much, much prefer the 92.3 midday lineup (Phelps & Baskin) over the egomanic Rizzo and his non-stop promotions/commercial talk.

If we are talking radio stations I have to give the nod to The Fan... Kiley and Booms just kill me! I realize its basically a who can one up the other with their ridicolous comments, but they are a lot of fun. I don't get to listen to Baskin and Phelps but they seem to just tell it like it is and are pretty good at that. The Bull and the Fox are growing on me for sure, but they are far from my favorites. I have pretty much completely wiped WKNR off my map and other than the Zips same for 1350!

Have to strongly disagree with you there; Greg Brinda is my top choice at KNR. Speaks his mind clearly and holds nothing back. He was the very first Cleveland talk show host who had the guts to publicly call out Mark Shapiro & Co. and state: "THIS ISN'T WORKING." The very worst on KNR is the 6pm paid Browns show with Vic Carucci.....I didn't think it was possible to LISTEN to paint dry. I instantly change the channel at 6p.

I much, much prefer the 92.3 midday lineup (Phelps & Baskin) over the egomanic Rizzo and his non-stop promotions/commercial talk.

Agree I have grown to really appreciate Brinda. I'm almost certain he's been drinking on the job, which gives him instant street cred in my book.

Then again, after following CLE sports, can you blame him!!

Kiley and Booms are great. I like Rizzo too. Then again, I'd go crazy listening to any show every single day. Overall I like both stations.

Regardless, I think it's absolutely crucial that UA invite every NEO sports station to have a meaningful presence at the games. Keep us on the radar as much as possible.

Agree I have grown to really appreciate Brinda. I'm almost certain he's been drinking on the job, which gives him instant street cred in my book.

Then again, after following CLE sports, can you blame him!!

Kiley and Booms are great. I like Rizzo too. Then again, I'd go crazy listening to any show every single day. Overall I like both stations.

Regardless, I think it's absolutely crucial that UA invite every NEO sports station to have a meaningful presence at the games. Keep us on the radar as much as possible.

Breda-Brinda, whatever. He is a moron. I feel dumber ever time I listen to that idiot.

am stations are required to power down in the evening for some reason....been that way for decades

greg brinda tells it like it is and doesn't coddle or make excuses for the pathetic cleveland sports teams....how can you not like that?

I caught a few minutes of coach's interview with Munch this morning. Nothing too new for those of us who have been following every little thing he's been doing, but the more he can work with the Cleveland media, the better. His connections from working with ESPN Radio in the past certainly helps with that. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Cleveland Media controls what the people in Akron see and hear, because Akron/Canton the largest metro area in the US without its own TV media market.

The interview itself was pretty good. Talked about recruiting locally and wanting to be the top dog in the local recruiting scene (behind OSU). And he's right. There's enough BCS-level talent that just keeping the second tier players from Akron, Canton, Cleveland, and Youngstown would completely outclass the rest of the MAC. If it comes down to a player deciding between Akron and a BCS bottom-dweller, they should pick Akron. You can get them to do that by creating local pride. The local recruits have so much more to play for than the guys from other states. They play not only in front of their friends and family and city, but also in front of all the people who said they would never make it.

Coach said that the area is starved for a winner (I don't think he's correct there, but that's a post for another day and topic). We need to become NE Ohio's college football team.

I missed a some of the interview. The signal doesn't really come in well around here. Anybody catch the whole thing?