RPI Watch

zippy5

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBS has it at 67,77,93 and 106

The amazing thing to me is that our SOS has risen as well. Sad that we have to play the MAC West over the next few weeks.

I know, that will drag everything down

Updated as of this minute.

Interesting that our OOC RPI is 95. That means our RPI in conference has to be around 40 or better. Buffalo dropped I think 7 spots afetr beating NIU, which stinks that we still have to play them.

That stinks. It's bad enough when you have bad losses, but this shows you can also have bad wins.

That's the reason why the OOC schedule is so important. It's the only part of the scheduling we can control right now to raise our national profile.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but thought this was interesting. I was watching Middle Tennessee play and they were discussing their chances of an at large bid. They threw up a graphic regarding their quality wins. It didn't include Akron, but did include two teams with RPI's 40 and 50 points below us (Loyola of Marymount and UCLA). I know ESPN isn't the selection committee, but it goes along with what I have always said about RPI is only used to get mid level "BCS" schools in and keeping mid majors out.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but thought this was interesting. I was watching Middle Tennessee play and they were discussing their chances of an at large bid. They threw up a graphic regarding their quality wins. It didn't include Akron, but did include two teams with RPI's 40 and 50 points below us (Loyola of Marymount and UCLA). I know ESPN isn't the selection committee, but it goes along with what I have always said about RPI is only used to get mid level "BCS" schools in and keeping mid majors out.

During a recent game on ESPN they said that the best win for the entire CAA was VCU's win over Akron.

Valparaiso is beating Cleveland State 29-17 at the half in Cleveland. A Valpo win puts them in the top 100 (currently 102). That would give the Zips zero losses to teams ranked outside the RPI top 100 this year.

EDIT: Make it 38-19 Valpo early in the second. Man, do I wish we could get another crack at Valpo after that homer job they gave the Zips in Indiana.

Well yeah, those games, too. But the Valpo one still makes me sick. I hate to complain to about reffing, but that was the worst homer job I've ever seen. I think Zeke just got called for another foul as I type this.

Amen. My wife and I made the trip to Valpo for those two games and that loss just ruined the trip. I've NEVER been so disgusted with officiating.