Bye Bye At Large Chances

Quickzips

this is not a cheap shot at akron but you guys havent done anything as far as a mac championship or a tourney appearance and your players act very cocky. you guys are having a very good season but when you get embarrased like you are now your guys might want to chill out with the old guaruntees like romeo has made.Can you say a$$ wooooooopin for the zips? Miami's got you next

no you are right he is an absolute stud.im just saying that your players have been acting pretty cocky with there remarks in some interviews and then to get embarrased like this is pretty bad.nevada is pretty darn good they would beat anybody in the mac like this well at least on a night like tonight.im a romeo travis fan myself but for him to make the comments hes made and to get killed like he has tonight doesnt make him self look good. dru is playing bad, and hes in foul trouble and dials hasnt been playing well either he got hot for a quick second. i think your guards are wearing down as this season goes on. the other night neither of the guards played that well they just get free throws thats how theyve been scoring.i do hope they come back and make it a game though.

I want my $11 back, I got ESPNU for a month for this crap! Wow how more pathetic can you look? Nevada is a very good team, but this is an outright embarassment. I've been cautiously optimistic about this team all year -- I thought they were winning with mirrors -- no true stud on the team just a team. I still didn't expect this...Question is how does this effect them the rest of the year? Four very loseable games to end the year. Miami we never play well at Oxford -- French and Dunn always blame it on the arena and the emptiness behind the hoops. Buffalo seems to be coming on they gave Can't all they could earlier this year. OU and Can't both took our best shot earlier this year and jammed it back down our throat with a loss. So does this team win four, three, two or one? I say they go two and two through the end of the year maybe worse -- this game stung!

i must say that there was no question who the better team was. neveda couldn't miss if they tried today! dials. joyce, and middleton looked lost. i am happy with the effort on akron's part. i also was happy to hear how impressed the color man was with akron even though we got blown out. he didn't have to do that. and how come quade miliam can't play like that every night??? lets focus on cleveland now! :screwks:

Yeah, it was very crowded at Panini's. I was lucky enough to get a seat but I had to compete with 10 people infront of me to see the screen.Nevada was too tough inside and Akron missed an inexcusable amount of shots(many inside) tonight. Hopefully this team is ready for the rest of the season.

Excuse the rant I am about to go on but this is directed for BIG ZIP and the other bandwagon hopping off SOB's who are counting the Zips out because of one loss.F-off.Where has Big Zip been all season? No where to be found. He shows up again about 10 days ago once the team gets to the 17-win mark and is all the big fan again. Now the team drops a game and looks bad, in a game that means nothing by the way, and he is calling home the family because the Zips are about to die.F-off again.Big Zip, and others like him, are the biggest opponent that the Zips have, be it the football team, basketball team or the rifle team for that matter. With fans like him, you don't need the Kents, Ohios, and Toledos of the world to hate you.News flush Big Zip, no matter if the Zips won the game against Nevada the MAC was not going to get a second NCAA bid. The league is rated 16th out of 32 leagues and has never gotten a second bid. If you do the math you dumb motherfucker you can figure out the odds, and they are long even if Akron were have gone 24-5 and won another two games in the MAC Tournament. Akron has only one win against at top-64 team in the RPI which means that unless they win the MAC they are NIT bound. It had nothing to do win the number of wins, it is the number of quality wins.But, you do not know that because you are a poorly educated fan and use this board and the ears of the pooor sould who have to listen to you to spout out your useless facts of how things have always happened in the past and how they will probably continue to happen again in the future. You have a loser mentality and if you were in my Vietnam unit I would have shot you in the head just for the fun of it because people like you kill morale.What Akron has done the last 20 years in Oxford does not mean a damn thing to the 2005-06 team.Akron has not lost back to back games all season you fucking stooge, why would they start now.You say the guards looked tired tonight? DUH, who wouldn't after travelling 3,000 miles and playing at 5,000 feet. I will bet your fat tail could not have caught a spare breath after trodding off to the concession stand for nachos, hot dogs and cotton candy all night. Try doing it in a hostile gym against the best team in the made for tv event. Guess that type of thought is too much for your little pea brain to endure so you just crap out the first thing that comes to your head.Thanks the good lord that Dambrot and the players do not read your stilted and demented rants.:puke::puke: I think this is the best Akron team in 20 years and that they will finish no worse than 2-2 in the next four games. Do the math jerky boy because that means the Zips will get a bye in Cleveland. But folks like Big Zip will not be happy with that because of the extreme success that Akron Basketball has enjoyed over the past 30 years has really spolied them and made them expect 20-wins as an automatic and postseason bids every year.I am enjoying the hell out of this season and am disappointed that the team lost its 6th game of the season, out of 25 played earlier tonight. That .760 winning percentage is still pretty damn impressive and I like the Zip chances of winning at Miami, at Buffalo, and at home against Ohio and Can't. That 25-1 record at home over the last two years does not make me think that the team is going to all of a sudden go south and pack it in. The only people that do that are losers like Big fing Zip.Go Zips.* Last comment edited by Moderator

Lets not make any excuses for the zips tonight. They went out to Cal earlier in the year and got beat by 14. According to my geography california is farther than nevada and they are def. better than nevada.Yet you get blown out by 27.And romeo played this game rather than at cal when leon powe ate him alive.Yes your guards are wearing down. Too many minutes per game. You dont have anyone behind them i know that but you could have had walther still and he would have spelled your guards. Im not just talking about tonight but just like last year when joyce wore down in the last five games of the year hes doing it again. Oh keith didnt you learn from last year playing him that much per game would wear on him.And nick dials has been god awful from the field as of late too. Maybe his knee and his body are giving out yea hes a tough kid but physically he cant keep quick guards in front of him with that knee.All he does is get up in you when you catch it and then once you start to dribble your past him. Cedrick is playing good ever since walther left but hes still not the threat walther was.One question i have to ask though.Why didnt darryl peterson play much tonight?

Basketballman, you are not only a troll, but you are an ignorant one. Nevada RPI - now 25 after the Akron game. (see kenpom.com - he mirrors the NCAA)Cal RPI - 48Nevada rated 33rdCal rated 43rdNevada SOS - 84Cal SOS - 90Now you can claim Cal is "Def better" but that is purely unsupported opinion. The numbers say different. What's Cal done in the NCAAs the last 2 years? We've beaten Michigan State, Gonzaga and Texas and we've beaten Kansas twice in the last three years. Come March, none of the Major Powers That Be are going to be saying, "I hope we get Nevada in the first round."Give it a rest. The Zips played hard, but it's a tough road trip and we were shooting the lights out.

The Wolfpack was definitely the better team. We would have had to shoot the lights out to beat them; unfortunately, last night it was the Wolfpack shooting the lights out. On top of that, it was a killer trip - took 12 hours to get there.On top of that, it's a 1-mile elevation - not to be dismissed.On top of that, we're a thin team. Losing Jeremiah Wood for the year hurt tremendously. Jimmy Conyers being ineligible hurt tremendously. And, I feel, losing Bubba cost us a warm body to absorb some minutes (but I also feel losing Bubba is addition through subtraction.)Just my opinions. I'm no expert, just an admittedly biased Zips fan! I'm worried about the trip to Miami. Traditionally, we've seldom played well in Oxford.I think we'll go 3-0 against Buffalo, OU & Can't.I think, due to our lack of depth, we'll get upset in the MAC tourney & settle for an NIT bid - which will be disappointing but WHICH IS ACTUALLY A HUGE STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR THIS PROGRAM!!! Let's not forget where we've come from and how far KD has brought us!!!I think next year we're going to be absolutely amazing! We won't be touched in the MAC & we'll finally knock off some of the "big-name" opponents we face.Adding Wood & Conyers. Incoming freshmen Bardo & McKnight (McKnight is absolutely the real deal! He's easily one of the best players in the state.)Growing tradition. Growing reputation. Yeah, last night hurt, but in a year from now when we return the favor @ The JAR, no one will remember last night!Go Zips! :rock:

Okay -- 17 post mwilly calling me the bandwagon fan -- that is funny. I've been posting here since the site was first put up by the moderators -- I've been posting here since I'm guessing 1999 or 2000 before it was this real sweet site you see today. You I'm sure never saw that site. I have found it quite fascinating to see people like you find this page after the Zips football exploits. Where were you years ago?Call me what you want -- I'm proud of this team and how well they've played this year, but in the same right I've been surprised by the success. There is nobody on this team that really scares anyone yet they still win games week in and week out. I credit the coaching for a lot of their wins. I may get slammed for this, but a Dambrodt coached squad of Weinkein, Andrick, Phillips, Ball and Bosley would beat a Dambrodt coached squad of Futch, Travis, Leinhart, Dials and Joyce. The more I see of Dambrodt the more I get pissed about the wasted talent that came through here in the Hipsher years. By the way a 2-12 record (including 0-1 last year) at Miami since joining the MAC can't be denied -- there is something about playing there and Charlie Coles is a helluva coach.So go ahead and make your asshole post -- that is fine with me. I've been here through the tough times and I'm not leaving. I got blasted on this board for years for calling for Owens firing years before it happened -- I got blasted for calling for Hipshers' firing too. I got blasted because I've always wanted something better for this school's athletics program. I don't own any OSU garb because I hate the Buckeyes and can't figure out why people don't root for the school they attend. My family thinks I'm nuts because I was tailgating with the diehards before the Can't game this year and sat in the rain at Pitt a few years back. Thanks for fighting for our country in Vietnam and preserving my right to actually have an opinion that might differ from yours. But then again if I was old enough to fight with you in Vietnam you would have killed me. You’re a peach - hope your world continues to be rosy every day. God forbid this team tanks it at the end of the season - you may enter the gym and starting gunning people downHave a nice day! :D

That was an amazing team! Ball, Bosley, Phillips, Andrick (currently the head coach @ Springfield - he was HILARIOUS!!! The dirtiest, trash-talkingest player I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! If he wasn't a Zip, I would have HATED him!!!) But man, Hipsher always found a way to alienate his players, didn't he. By the ends of their careers, it just seemed like they wanted the season to be over. And watching the gradual REGRESSION of Jimmal Ball's game was particularly painful for me.

Big Zip is such the big fan - where have all of his posts been all season? No where. The last time you were here was after the Army game when you were blasting JD. No, you did make some posts at the bowl season when you hopped back on the bandwagon. Maybe no one else remembers you not going to home games before the team was playing for a title but I do. You are a fairweather fan who only complains and puts too much clout in bitching about the past.

Don't know if anyone looked at the coaches poll this week but Akron got one vote. After looking through the 31 coaches that make up the poll the only coach that has seen us play is Charlie Coles of Miami. If he thinks we're good enough to be top 25 I'm thinkin there's a good chance he thinks we're good enough to beat his overrated Redhawks. :screwks:

The make up sex between mwilly and Big Zip is going to be great after this thread is over. Anyhow, I am still hopeful about the remainder of the season. We learned some real good lessons about what Akron needs to do if it wants to compete outside of the MAC.First, Akron has enough athletic talent to compete in the MAC and win the MAC, but they don't have enough to compete against really good programs. On a less ass kicking scale, Can't did the same thing to Akron a couple of weeks ago that Nevada did last night. More athletic players beat slower players almost every time. There is nothing more KD could have done to win the game last night, the team was just out-playered.Secondly, Akron needs to have more consistent shooting. The only solution to this I see is playing Peterson more. Good shooters need to shoot to get a rythm and he needs to be given the chance.Thirdly, Akron needs size badly. We got killed last night in side (in addition to everywhere else).I say burn the tape of last nights game, unless you want a lesson on how a more athletic team beats a less athletic team then watch it all day. There are still a lot of games to go and I still think as long as Akron does not have to play Can't until the finals of the MAC tournament, they have a good shot of winning it all. Can't is the only team with such superior athletes that they worry me against the Zips, but in the finals anything could happen. The last game of the season will tell us all a lot.

Mwilly -- you are right I haven't been posting too much as of late, but it wasn't because I was off the bandwagon -- I had my first child this fall and I've been working on my MBA at Akron not CASE, BW, JCU, Can't or Cleveland State. Not to mentioned I moved (not terribly far mind you, but more than the short drive I was last year). I did post after the Army game too -- (man I think I have a stalker) -- I was pretty disappointed, but I was pissed at JD after the Ball State game for not QB sneaking in from the goal line -- not the Army game.