2012 verbal: RB Connor Hundley

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oooops

I believe they mean U-19 AMERICAN FOOTBALL (not Soccer) team :lol: I have to admit, the success of UA's soccer program and the number of players who have performed for the US in other (soccer) competitions make this a mistake that's easy to understand.

His HS coach at St-X is the US head coach, so that also makes sense.

• 1 month later...

Hundley enjoying his time on the U-19 team

Hundley will fly back to the area early July 8 before he drives up to Akron to report to the team. The Zips begin practice July 9. “The facilities are awesome up there,” he said. “I am excited to get up there and meet all the different players.”

Hundley, who is 5 feet 10 and 210 pounds, plans to major in business administration for the first semester before evaluating all his options.

Hundley, who added about five pounds to his frame since the high school season ended, says he wants to stay relatively light given the Zips’ hurry-up offense.

Hundley said he has been told the Zips expect him to play at running back. Hundley was impressed with new Akron coach Terry Bowden when he met him. “He will definitely push you,” Hundley said.

Here is a local story (Austin Statesman) that describes the difficult conditions Conor and his USA U-19 teammates are facing. I have a sister in Austin and I've been there in July. It's stifling heat.

At least the competition in this tournament shouldn't be that strong. He ought to be in pretty decent shape come Zip summer camp :thumb:

• 3 years later...
  • Dr Z unpinned this topic