Zips Alumni in Pro Basketball

RootforRoo44

Great article....really cool to see Jimmal still playing ball in Europe. Not a bad career he has made out of basketball. I have to imagine there were a few other players who could have continue to play elsewhere but chose to hang it up. It would be really sweet to see the MAC Office do a similar article for each sport across the conference. I think it would be decent recruiting material for the conference.

Great article....really cool to see Jimmal still playing ball in Europe. Not a bad career he has made out of basketball. I have to imagine there were a few other players who could have continue to play elsewhere but chose to hang it up. It would be really sweet to see the MAC Office do a similar article for each sport across the conference. I think it would be decent recruiting material for the conference.

Thanks for posting that.

I think it's interesting that Jimmal has not only made a great career (and some pretty decent cash) for himself in France, but evidently a great life there as well. I'm pretty sure he's become a French citizen. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

And great for J Wood that he's escaped the Finnish tundra for France, where the weather's not only better but I'm sure the pay is, too.

BTW, can you imagine if Jeremiah was on this current Zips roster? Almost scary to consider what our front court would be like with a beast like him added to the mix.

Thanks for posting that.

I think it's interesting that Jimmal has not only made a great career (and some pretty decent cash) for himself in France, but evidently a great life there as well. I'm pretty sure he's become a French citizen. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

And great for J Wood that he's escaped the Finnish tundra for France, where the weather's not only better but I'm sure the pay is, too.

BTW, can you imagine if Jeremiah was on this current Zips roster? Almost scary to consider what our front court would be like with a beast like him added to the mix.

Jimmal still returns to the Canton area every summer. I see him a couple of times a year and he is having a blast playing pro ball.

Thanks for posting that.

If J-Wood was on the Zips current roster and had the ability to play a position other than center, he would DOMINATE. Though Harney and Treadwell wouldn't be getting many minutes.

Oh and if he keeps playing the way he is at Pro-B, he may soon find himself with a team at a higher level. I mean he isn't just playing well, he's dominating.

If J-Wood was on the Zips current roster and had the ability to play a position other than center, he would DOMINATE. Though Harney and Treadwell wouldn't be getting many minutes.

Oh and if he keeps playing the way he is at Pro-B, he may soon find himself with a team at a higher level. I mean he isn't just playing well, he's dominating.

I believe if his team finishes high enough in Pro-B, they will move up to Pro-A. If I'm not mistaken, the French leagues have a two-tiered system that after each season elevates the best teams in Pro-B to Pro-A and the worst teams in Pro-A back to Pro-B. I have no idea about the particulars, but I'm pretty sure that's basically how it works.

I believe if his team finishes high enough in Pro-B, they will move up to Pro-A. If I'm not mistaken, the French leagues have a two-tiered system that after each season elevates the best teams in Pro-B to Pro-A and the worst teams in Pro-A back to Pro-B. I have no idea about the particulars, but I'm pretty sure that's basically how it works.

Good system. (This is how soccer works, right?) i wish the NCAA would operate like this. Abolish the BCS.

that is correct...but I believe that his contract would surely be bought through transfer if he plays like this and they don't move up.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Romeo's Israeli team won the Balkan League championship this past weekend and he was named "Forward of the Year" (along with some other honors) yesterday. Gotta love Romeo hitting some treys.

Here's a 2011 clip of Romeo (#11 in yellow) showing he's still feisty!