Breakfast with the Bowdens

zipsfan33

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea!

I see they are charging for the event and that makes me smile. We are finally growing up.

I would sell corporate tables, but that's just me. Maybe even sell food and beverage sponsorships, but that's just me. Maybe even give away reuseable bags filled with little Zipslike items...bags of course sponsored by a company and have their company logo on it...but that's just me. It's not about what is in the bag (a sleeve of golf balls and a t-shirt would be enough) as much as a bag with the sponsors name on it and the school logo that can be reused for whatever reason the owner wants to use it...but that's just me talking crazy.

I hope you are. That can only be a good sign.

I have good news for Zipgrad01 and bad news for Zach.

The figures in parentheses indicate that this PORTION of the total cost will go toward the Z-Fund. Thus, priority reserved seating (on the West/Press Box side) is only slightly more expensive ($250 versus $235) than last year.

I'm really glad they created a priority reserve section on the East side (lower cost justified by the sun, being on the away side etc.), since it always seemed goofy that you could get a GA ticket and sit on the 50 yard line over there.

Parking in a preferred lot may be more of an issue. We'll have to stay tuned on that.

Parking in a preferred lot may be more of an issue. We'll have to stay tuned on that.

In typical, UA Athletic Dept fashion, the parking information is not clear. The term "general lot" is nowhere to be found on the Football Gameday Central parking map. If they're referring to the $5 public parking lots, then why don't they use that reference or change the parking map to use the "general lot" term?

In typical, UA Athletic Dept fashion, the parking information is not clear. The term "general lot" is nowhere to be found on the Football Gameday Central parking map. If they're referring to the $5 public parking lots, then why don't they use that reference or change the parking map to use the "general lot" term?

Just to frustrate intelligent, articulate folks who actually care about Zips athletics?

This I know: April 14th.. This I'll guess: Eggs, bacon, toast, coffee, tea, juice. Bobby, Jeff and Terry are there and possible speak.

Somebody that knows more can correct my errors.

Photo from 2009. Jeff/Bobby/Tommy/Terry

50816446.jpg

Looks like quite the event Coach Bowden put on to raise money for the football program at UNA back in 2009:

A Day With the Bowdens - 2009 University of North Alabama

Family plan went up quite a bit too. I had it for $150 last year being on year 3, but I thought it was $180 or $200. Looks to be $240 now...wow!

Look...I get the Bowden excitement. But this is still 3 years in new stadium with 5 total wins.

The price is not going up on anyone renewing their season tickets from last year, except for those who were still receiving the bridge campaign price from the first year of the stadium.

Even though they raised the price by $15, they are now giving you a $30 food voucher. The way I see it is that it is a net reduction of $15 per ticket. Seems like a good deal to me.

I don't know how the food at The Big Dialer compares to the Rubber Bowl. If is the same food, my guess is not many people would take the risk of using the full $30.

So how much is this breakfast without a season ticket package?

I actually hope only season ticket holders and students be allowed. We need to sell all of the season tickets we can, so we need to give fans all the incentives we can to buy them. Free gifts, and exclusive perks the single game buyers won't get.

Last year they gave us parking passes for the deck down by McDonalds?! If thats what they are talikng about its pretty useless. The AD better hope that Bowden gets some wins early.

I'm interested to see how well tickets have been selling so far. There's obviously no waiting list or fans camping out to buy them, but I sure hope there is a bit of an increase. Anyone hear anything yet? I'm still trying to decide if I want to pick some up or not. I live over two hours away, and it's a bit of a gamble since you never know how the team will be performing.

I'm interested to see how well tickets have been selling so far. There's obviously no waiting list or fans camping out to buy them, but I sure hope there is a bit of an increase. Anyone hear anything yet? I'm still trying to decide if I want to pick some up or not. I live over two hours away, and it's a bit of a gamble since you never know how the team will be performing.

Buy them!!! Support the team, and I promise you that you will enjoy watching the product on the field. I've said this many times already, but Coach Bowden does not know how to lose. There will be marked improvement - the energy, enthusiasm and attitude change in everyone will be very obvious from the first day of spring ball.