Breakfast with the Bowdens

zipsfan33

Buy them!!! Support the team, and I promise you that you will enjoy watching the product on the field. I've said this many times already, but Coach Bowden does not know how to lose. There will be marked improvement - the energy, enthusiasm and attitude change in everyone will be very obvious from the first day of spring ball.

Well he's in Akron now, he might have to get used to losing. Aside from our soccer team we haven't had much luck in the winning department.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he's in Akron now, he might have to get used to losing. Aside from our soccer team we haven't had much luck in the winning department.

Great attitude. Lets just tear down the stadium and root for soccer which 95 percent of the public couldnt care less about, me being one of them.

Great attitude. Lets just tear down the stadium and root for soccer which 95 percent of the public couldnt care less about, me being one of them.

I too am not a fan of soccer. I'm not saying I'm not going to support football. If you read my earlier post I stated I will probably be buying season tickets for the first time. All I was saying is Bowden might have to get used to some losing.

Have you ever heard of keith dambrot?

Yeah and his tournament record is 0-2.

Trust me, I've been an Akron fan for a very long time. I'm just sick of all this damn losing in Northeast Ohio. I'm not a troll, just very negative because of that.

Here we go again. Whoa is me, Northeast Ohio sports.

Winning has to begin somewhere. We've finally hired a head football coach who knows the game and brings a winning tradition with him. Be optimistic. Jump on the "bandwagon" and help him out. Yeah, it could possibly be a slow start given from where he has to build, but I believe he'll do it and we'll all be discussing how to get to Mobile or Boise in the near future. Stop dissing our soccer success when someone brings it up. Even if you don't like the game, you have to respect Coach Porter for the attitude that he brought to Akron...It CAN be done at Akron. This is Akron. We Akron alumni and long-time fans need to give up the apathy/pessimism and do our part and be proud like Caleb Porter, Keith Dambrot, Dr. Proenza, Terry Bowden, ...

GO ZIPS!

Here we go again. Whoa is me, Northeast Ohio sports.

Winning has to begin somewhere. We've finally hired a head football coach who knows the game and brings a winning tradition with him. Be optimistic. Jump on the "bandwagon" and help him out. Yeah, it could possibly be a slow start given from where he has to build, but I believe he'll do it and we'll all be discussing how to get to Birmingham or Boise in the near future. Stop dissing our soccer success when someone brings it up. Even if you don't like the game, you have to respect Coach Porter for the attitude that he brought to Akron...It CAN be done at Akron. This is Akron. We Akron alumni and long-time fans need to give up the apathy/pessimism and do our part and be proud like Caleb Porter, Keith Dambrot, Dr. Proenza, Terry Bowden, ...

GO ZIPS!

Well said!

We Akron alumni and long-time fans need to give up the apathy/pessimism and do our part and be proud like Caleb Porter, Keith Dambrot, Dr. Proenza, Terry Bowden, ...

GO ZIPS!

Well said. And it applies to the whole city, not just to UA. Having lived in several other parts of the country over the years, I wish more Akronites would come to appreciate the many wonderful things our city and area has going for it.

We've been down. But we are far from out.

Go Akron. And GO ZIPS!

I was just reading up on Bobby Bowden. If what I read is true, he started working at FSU when he was 53? Kind of funny that Terry is starting at Akron in his mid 50s as well. I'm not saying this could happen but can he win over 200 more games at UA to pass his dad? haha thats only what 16 undefeated seasons? I can dream right?

I was just reading up on Bobby Bowden. If what I read is true, he started working at FSU when he was 53? Kind of funny that Terry is starting at Akron in his mid 50s as well. I'm not saying this could happen but can he win over 200 more games at UA to pass his dad? haha thats only what 16 undefeated seasons? I can dream right?

For a strong team, there are a lot of W's to be had in the MAC.

Coach Bowden became the head coach at FSU in 1976 at age 47. He was the head coach for 34 years. Terry has been quoted many times as saying he will never even be the winningest coach in his own family :). His father didn't win a national championship until 1993 - when he was 63 years old (by the way, Bobby was beaten out for the Bear

Bryant Natioinal Coach of the Year Award that year by his son, Terry - who was undefeated in his first season at Auburn). Our Coach Bowden can definitely beat his dad for that milestone... Thats only 7 years ... And totally doable in my opinion.

To pass Coach Bowden (2nd all time in D1A wins with 377*) is not nearly as likely. Doubtful anyone will ever catch up.

• 2 weeks later...
Did not see this anywhere....

The delay in sending out the season ticket packages is because the MAC is working out details to include 2 tickets to any non rivalry away MAC game of your choice.

Now THAT is a fantastic idea. Nice job on that, MAC office :bow:

That's a great way to stir up "other" rivalries and increase attendance all the way around.

With the new stadium and coach Bowden, I would guess Akron would be one of the highest attended away games in the Mac!?!?

Plus its one one of the more accessible locations and if I am an opposing fan I'm thinking I have a real chance to see my team win on the road. Maybe that is where we'll get our big attendance increase.

With the new stadium and coach Bowden, I would guess Akron would be one of the highest attended away games in the Mac!?!?

I think that's quite possible. Now I understand we're not talking about huge numbers at this point. But if you encourage, say 50-100 fans from the away team to attend games they otherwise wouldn't have attended, maybe it's the sort of thing that becomes a tradition and slowly builds from there. Why not do all you can to fill the empty seats throughout the conference? I know I'll take advantage, and typically I've mostly travelled to the "BCS" games in the past (other than K.E.N.T.).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...