Miami Basketball

Quickzips

Miami just lost at home to Toledo. The Rockets first road win in conference in over 3 years. The Redhawks now sit at 1-5 in the conference, 5-13 overall. Outside of Julian Mavunga, there is not a whole lot of talent on that roster, and Charlie Coles appears to have fallen completely out of favor with an ever-dwindling fan base. Sad to see what has happened to that program. They have been regressing the past couple of years and it looks as if the floor has fallen completely out from under them now. With Mavunga graduating at the end of the year I wouldn't expect things to get better any time soon.

Miami just lost at home to Toledo. The Rockets first road win in conference in over 3 years. The Redhawks now sit at 1-5 in the conference, 5-13 overall. Outside of Julian Mavunga, there is not a whole lot of talent on that roster, and Charlie Coles appears to have fallen completely out of favor with an ever-dwindling fan base. Sad to see what has happened to that program. They have been regressing the past couple of years and it looks as if the floor has fallen completely out from under them now. With Mavunga graduating at the end of the year I wouldn't expect things to get better any time soon.

I like Charlie. But, I am not shedding a tear over this. A lot of people who go to that school think they are special. They act like they go to Harvard. "The Sweaters" is such a great collective nickname for their student/athletes.

Those guys stole a MAC title 5 years ago in the most bizarre and unlikely circumstances. Other than the fact that it might weaken our SOS a bit, I'm not sad to see their demise.

I saw a signature on the OU board that said in effect "I hate Miami, but I'd give Charlie Coles a kidney". I think Charlie is great (well except that maddening slow style of play). Hate to see him end like this, regardless of what the reasons are.

They only drew 1300 and something for a recent home game, so you would think the administration will do something at the end of the season. Coach Coles was a fan favorite and great guy, but there will probably be a change very soon.

They only drew 1300 and something for a recent home game, so you would think the administration will do something at the end of the season. Coach Coles was a fan favorite and great guy, but there will probably be a change very soon.

Coles is one of the most passionate coaches in the NCAA and respected across the MAC. But this team has had a bad slide the past few years. Personally, I think that he'll hang on through this season, but he can't afford another year like this.

Coles is one of the most passionate coaches in the NCAA and respected across the MAC. But this team has had a bad slide the past few years. Personally, I think that he'll hang on through this season, but he can't afford another year like this.

Not so. They finished 2nd in the MAC East last season, and earned the #3 seed in the MAC tourney.