New Stadium

Blue & Gold

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously people, check out Case Western Reserve's new place and see how they've integrated their field with the campus and attached dorms. This is a natural starting point that Akron can build from.
Great find scottditzen!!!I, the Computer Illiterate One, am going to try to post a hyperlink for all of you to check this construction out! This is Case Western U's new football stadium/dorm project.This is gorgeous! A project with this flavor - done on a D-1 scale - would be revolutionary!!! Could you IMAGINE [Zen :) ] walking down a 30-yard red-brick alley, w/ 5-storied red-brick dorms on each side, just to get to the beautiful new stadium gates?! How cool!!!Case Western Univeristy
Once I get my pictures back I will post them. I transfered from Case and have been back many times to watch my friends on the team. Now that it's finished the pics they have online don't do it justice. It's a PHENOMENAL stadium. Something with this idea but obviously more seating would be ideal for us. Pics coming soon.

As far as the time table is concerned for the completion of the new stadium on campus, I would not be surprised if it was scheduled to open in 2009. That year the University of Kentucky is on the schedule, slated for a home game here in Akron. Now while the Wildcats are not a premier SEC team, it would be the biggest name we have had come to play in Akron in some time. So why bring in a team from a BCS conference to play in the Rubber Bowl that might not accomodate?

Was just on GoZips.com and don't know if anyone noticed the following home dates scheduled for the upcoming football seasons. They are as follows:2007September 15 - Indiana University2008September 20 - ArmySeptember 27 - University of Cincinnati (The "Mike Thomas" Bowl)2009September 12 - University of Kentucky2010September 18 - Syracuse University2011September 10 - Florida International University

Kentucky is not a premier SEC team, they suck.There is no way a new shed gets built in time for the 2009 season. It will take at least a year if not two years to buy the land and another two years to build the stadium. We are looking at 2010 at the very earliest.

There is no way a new shed gets built in time for the 2009 season. It will take at least a year if not two years to buy the land and another two years to build the stadium. We are looking at 2010 at the very earliest.
It wont take 2 years to buy the land. It might take that long if they get into a legal fight and/or require eminent domain action, but I suspect almost all of the land is owned, or deals have been struck.That being said, you don't just drop in a stadium. Even if they broke ground this year, it doesn't necessarily get done in two years.

Okay, I am starting to think that we are going about this all wrong. Let's think outside the box a little. We're too caught up in thinking about when/how/where we're building a new stadium. When instead, we should be thinking about how we can hurry up and demolish the current stadium. Sure I love the old crumbling prison-like Rubber Bowl. There will always be good memories. But the sooner we can band together and carry out this necessary act of nonviolent sabotage the sooner we get a brand new stadium. It's called "forcing the issue." So I vow to grab 2 pieces of concrete on my way out after each home game. **Sure, by myself this doesn't amount to much. It would surely require a team effort. But if all of Zips Nation bands together, we can get the job done in no time. Who knows, maybe in the meantime we'll get some games up in Cleveland. I bet that stadium would look awesome on ESPN U.As Mike Brady once said, "by ourselves we can carry buckets. But together, we can drain rivers." **note: Please have regard for the safety of others...do not grab "structural, load bearing rubble" while there are still people in the stands ;)

hrmmm.... well.... Since I'm sure lawyers could make just as much of a case against you for a premeditated, planned, and conspiratorial effort to destory property over time as they could if you did it in one fell swoop, and the risk isn't necessarily greater, why not just be efficient about it. Anyone know where they can get some TNT for scottditzen? ;)

I can't decide which is scarier, the fact that you posted it, or the fact that I remember it.
Or the fact that he quoted Mike Brady...... :laugh_up: A philosophical powerhouse
Come on now, the family meetings, and the courtesy of he, and his wife always calling his boss "Mr. Philips" is what is missing in this day.That's it, I need a drink. Next we will be quoting from the Partridge Family

Since there's not a whole lot of new news on the stadium let's pose a funny scenario and get some reactions. What if Mack Rhoades totally abandoned plans for the on campus stadium and instead came out with the ingenius and totally original plan of renovating the Condom Bowl?? You know, to preserve all that history.... :lol: . How would you guys feel about that??

What if Mack Rhoades totally abandoned plans for the on campus stadium and instead came out with the ingenius and totally original plan of renovating the Condom Bowl?? You know, to preserve all that history.... :lol: .  How would you guys feel about that??
I don't care if you do that and build it out of gold (using Mike Brady's plans, ofcourse), and then build around it a Ca$ino, an Amusement park, a record size shopping mall, and hotels, it would still be bad location.

Since there's not a whole lot of new news on the stadium let's pose a funny scenario and get some reactions.  What if Mack Rhoades totally abandoned plans for the on campus stadium and instead came out with the ingenius and totally original plan of renovating the Condom Bowl?? You know, to preserve all that history.... :lol: .  How would you guys feel about that??
I would egg buchtell hall

For the past several years Ball State has been renovating its football stadium, which opened in 1967, adding additional seating, lights and a training facility. When completed, the facility will include new seating in the north end zone that will wrap around the structure to create a 25,400-seat horseshoe stadium.
BSU stadium link