What's next ?

Valpo Zip

I personally think that we should put Nevada behind us and remember that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger ! i know that Nevada game hurt us but it shouldn't kill us.I know that we have a team of great kids and great coaches and that they will bounce back and make something good come out of this season (even though it is already good enough compared to the Hipsher era).So let's see what is coming next. We are playing 4 tough matchups. We are hosting the only 2 MAC teams who beated us this year (Ohio and Can't) and we know that they are both very beatable, and we are also playing Miami and Buffalo away.IMO, if we win 3/4 or at least 2/4 (including Can't) we should be in a good shape in the MAC tournament. I don't mind a 4/4 though. Now that was the short term future, how about the long term future, (next year) ? So far, our teams have always been made of local under recruited kids who didn't get better offers...I think that this is not going to be the case anymore. It is about time that KD can convince high schoolers that coming to Akron is a good thing and i think that our staff should spend some serious effort recruiting some body who is bigger than 6-9. I think that our team for next year is fine and deep at the guard positions (Dru, Ced, Dials, Sowers, Mraz), should be fine at the SF (with Linhart, Conyers and hoping that Rybak will improve), and at the PF (with Romeo, Wood and Milum). But Guess what ! we won't have a Center ! and for god's sake don't tell me that any of the 6-7 Power Forwards will play center because i won't buy it. I know that Romeo was playing the C in some games but that would only work with some MAC teams but won't work at all when we go to the higher level (which we should do next year). So here are my recommendations:1-Go out recruiting an excellent big guy by convincing him that he will be a starter in a winning team that has everything except a big guy.2-Lock Quade Milum in the gym over the summer with lots of food (Protein food) to build some muscles on.3-Use the help of a professor from the college of fine arts (acting or theater department) to help Quade getting rid of the (what is going on) look off his face everytime he is on the court.I can't believe i wrote this much in one post, andi can't believe you read it either :lol:

Yeah. Generally I don't much like the JUCO quick fix, but I believe we'll only have one player over 6'7" next season, and that being 6'9" FRESHMAN Mike Bardo. Going by Bardo's h.s. stats alone, I don't think he'll be ready to contribute much next season. 6'7" Chris McKnight is the real deal, but again, only 6'7". I love Rydell Brooks (Buchtel shooting guard), but I just don't think we need another 'smallish' guard. What do the rest of you think? Do we have any additional scholarships to offer?