2012 Schedule

SAW THIS ON BIGSOCCER: " Just heard this today...add Akron to the Bruin's 2012 schedule. I'm not entirely sure if it's planned to be an away or home match.

But it seems like Akron has been seeking more games with West Coast opponents of last years road trips for the Zips are any indicator and I'm guessing Akron travels"

SAW THIS ON BIGSOCCER: " Just heard this today...add Akron to the Bruin's 2012 schedule. I'm not entirely sure if it's planned to be an away or home match.

But it seems like Akron has been seeking more games with West Coast opponents of last years road trips for the Zips are any indicator and I'm guessing Akron travels"

Setting my 2012 schedule! See you, Bisbee and all, hopefully at Drake Stadium in September! It might be a few months still, before the full schedule is known -- unless we get someone to give us inside info. ;) Wink, wink.

This was an interesting addendum placed on the BigSoccer thread in question: If UCLA/UCSB wants to pony up some $$$, the game will be on TV. That is all it takes is $10,000 and you too can be the Fox Game of the Week. [uCLA sked to play in SantaBarbara]

Hmmmmm...

UCLA will be at home, also St. Johns, USF, FGCU and Michigan will all be coming to the Pouch next year. We will be on the road at Creighton (fsc) PSU, MSU, OSU, and Notre Dame in the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament in South Bend. Not sure on the 2nd team in that tournament but ive heard Indiana which would make sense bc they were at it a year ago. Not sure if we have any FSC games at home but thats being discussed this week.

UCLA will be at home, also St. Johns, USF, FGCU and Michigan will all be coming to the Pouch next year. We will be on the road at Creighton (fsc) PSU, MSU, OSU, and Notre Dame in the Mike Berticelli Memorial Tournament in South Bend. Not sure on the 2nd team in that tournament but ive heard Indiana which would make sense bc they were at it a year ago. Not sure if we have any FSC games at home but thats being discussed this week.

Great info. Thanks!

How did you find this out already?

You can find this out by checking past schedules, but I believe IU plays in the Bertecelli Tournament every year. My memory is that every time UA has been in it (probably close to double-figure times over past 15+ yrs), Indiana has also been there.

HAR -- do you know if the teeam will visit the West Coast at all?

You can find this out by checking past schedules, but I believe IU plays in the Bertecelli Tournament every year. My memory is that every time UA has been in it (probably close to double-figure times over past 15+ yrs), Indiana has also been there.

HAR -- do you know if the teeam will visit the West Coast at all?

DeAndre said he didn't think they would but he's not always reliable :D

From talking to the coaches, there was no indication of a west coast trip this year. I will say it was kinda odd to hear that UCSB wont be making the return to the Pouch this season, as i thought it was a home and home with them.

I don't think they like to play outside of their cavernous stadium :lol:

• 1 month later...
hey everyone just got some disappointing news, bc of the addition of WVU into the MAC for Mens soccer, Akron had to drop UCLA off the schedule. Really bummed about this bc i could see another attendance record being set for that game. But again no UCLA bc of WVU

Seriously?

Coming from a different source, I would not even believe that!

hey everyone just got some disappointing news, bc of the addition of WVU into the MAC for Mens soccer, Akron had to drop UCLA off the schedule. Really bummed about this bc i could see another attendance record being set for that game. But again no UCLA bc of WVU

Not surprised given that we have to adjust to accommodate an additional conference member on the schedule. Although, given the proximity of WVU and Akron, we could set another attendance record with the Mountaineers.

Since this is a conference game, there probably isn't any word yet as to whether we play WVU at home or away this Fall, is there?

• 2 weeks later...