OU Gameday Moved to Sunday @ 8pm

taxpayer

Just looked at our schedule and saw Zips vs OU moved to Sunday @ 8pm! Zips better be getting a huge TV payday for this. I was looking forward to a huge Zips invasion of the Condo for what was a Saturday night showdown in Athens. This change will insure a minimal Zip fan turnout plus it cuts off a day of preparation for Buffalo coming into the JAR on the following Wednesday! Any of you insiders got some info on this? I don't see why we would agree to the switch unless a significant amount of cash will be deposited into the Zips bank account.

It was only for ESPNU. ESPNU is the devil.

espnudevil.gif

BTW - I made the trip to Athens last year. A handful of Zips fans joined me. I doubt there would have been many on-hand this February 25th (Saturday night).

Wonder if The Keith Dambrot Show will still promote it as being held on the 25th? Smart money says "Yes."

The game at OU last year was on a Tuesday night; so, I would have expected a small turnout of Zips fans. When it was on Saturday (Feb 25th) this season, I was considering going (hoping for an afternoon game time), but the move to Sunday night nixed it for me like some of the others.