#1 Z.I.P.

Z.I.P.

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

Dateline Columbus, Ohoho.

Consultants have recommended that Ohio State University hire a Vice President to oversee a new office responsible for monitoring compliance with rules and regulations in the wake of its football program's NCAA infractions scandal. The trustees' audit committee accepted the recommendations, and they head to the full board today.

So has anyone seen the University of Akron's new Vice President for Strategic Engagement today? :P If I just hated OSU, I would be laughing my ass off. Now I'm laughing it off, and shaking my head, simultaneously. :D

#2 GP1

GP1

Pontificator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

Consultants have recommended that Ohio State University hire a Vice President to oversee a new office responsible for monitoring compliance with rules and regulations in the wake of its football program's NCAA infractions scandal.

Isn't this person normally called an "Athletic Director"?
"...you want it to be one way. But it's the other way." --Marlo Stanfield, The Wire

"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple." - Woody Guthrie

#3 skip-zip

skip-zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,671 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Isn't this person normally called an "Athletic Director"?

It should be. But, if you are an AD who is part of an athletic staff that wants to keep doing what you've been doing, but are being watched and need to put up some kind of facade that you intend to be more compliant, this would seem to be a good move. :lol:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users