49 replies to this topic

#1 taxpayer

taxpayer

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

Most likely Charlie Coles last trip to the JAR as Miami's HC; let's give him something to remember....... White Out Sell Out Blow Out Keep it rolling Zips! Looking for a huge student turn out.....make a difference! Fill up the bottom and GA

#2 johnnyzip84

johnnyzip84

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

Most likely Charlie Coles last trip to the JAR as Miami's HC; let's give him something to remember.......

White Out
Sell Out
Blow Out

Keep it rolling Zips!

Looking for a huge student turn out.....make a difference! Fill up the bottom and GA

I plan to wear blue, so I'll go 2 out of 3 with you :thumb:

One additional thing I'd like to see is a respectful sendoff for Coach Coles. We don't have a ZNO consensus on his coaching abilities, but I'd like to think we all appreciate him as a class act.

Bowden Ball 2014.....Fiat Lux.

#3 skip-zip

skip-zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

If I had to choose between the 3 choices, I'll go with Blowout :D Ticket sales are going well for this game, but I think it would take alot to pack the place full on a Wednesday night when the Golden Felons are not the opponent.

#4 lilroodude

lilroodude

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

How about in honor of Charlie, we play a stretch of play slow and methodical? Only if we are up by a secure amount, though. In all seriousness, assuming this is Charlie's last visit to the JAR as a coach, I'm going to miss seeing him on the sidelines with his paper. What a class act. He has represented the MAC very well.
"There's Super Zip... right there. Akron needs some heroic play down the stretch to win this one." - FSN announcer (Akron @ BG, 2010)

#5 AKSportsFan

AKSportsFan

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

Its GAME DAY!!! Good morning Zips Nation!!! Go ZIPS!!!
"Akron out of time outs. 2nd and 10. Hixon running deep, Getsy pumps, he throws for Hixon and it is---CAUGHT for a touchdown ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!"

#6 Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,496 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

Its GAME DAY!!! Good morning Zips Nation!!! Go ZIPS!!!

Huge game tonight! (I guess they're all huge from here on out.)
I want to see the Zips jump on them quickly, build a sizeable lead and let Miami know, right from the opening tip, that they have absolutely no shot at upsetting the Zippers tonight.
Terry Bowden. Keith Dambrot. Rick Rembielak. Chuck Amato. Jim Tressel. How ya like dem apples, Terry Pluto?! This is AKRON!

#7 Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,496 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

Zips Focussed on Finishing Strong. George Thomas for the ABJ.
Terry Bowden. Keith Dambrot. Rick Rembielak. Chuck Amato. Jim Tressel. How ya like dem apples, Terry Pluto?! This is AKRON!

#8 Zipmeister

Zipmeister

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

I really hate to see Charlie go. He has the Miami program right where I like it. I have a feeling we win by 14 tonight.

#9 Zip Watcher

Zip Watcher

One of the Porky's Seven

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

I predict someone with the number "71" in their username will find the live stream to be unreliable.
In case you missed it: The glory years for Zips hoops are NOW .. and they've just begun.

#10 GalleyBoy

GalleyBoy

Junior Zippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Excited to see the Zips in person tonight. Watched many of the games on tv or online but haven't made it to the JAR this year for multiple reason. I'm hoping this is a nice comfortable win and preps us for the BB game Sat.

#11 Dr Z

Dr Z

Zips Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

I really hate to see Charlie go. He has the Miami program right where I like it. I have a feeling we win by 14 tonight.

I'm with you, line is -10. I like the Zips tonight.

michgamebanner2.jpg

"I've been fortunate in my life time to be part of some big wins, and that would have been the biggest" —Terry Bowden on UA@UM

#12 Big Zip

Big Zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

I see an ugly low scoring game with a 5 point Zips win.

#13 BirdZip

BirdZip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

How about in honor of Charlie, we play a stretch of play slow and methodical? Only if we are up by a secure amount, though.

In all seriousness, assuming this is Charlie's last visit to the JAR as a coach, I'm going to miss seeing him on the sidelines with his paper. What a class act. He has represented the MAC very well.

I say, in honor of Charlie, one of the Rowdies digs out the giant McNees head and holds it up the entire game, or at least whenever Akron hits a three. I think if Charlie never sees Steve's mug again it will be too soon, so why not some friendly ribbing in the form of a 3-ft tall wavy-haired head?

#14 ksu sucks

ksu sucks

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

so why not some friendly ribbing in the form of a 3-ft tall wavy-haired head?

In all fairness, Steve was at least six foot tall.
Posted Image

#15 MDZip

MDZip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

Steve will be there. That might scare Charlie all by itself.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users