CVCA Jr. G Bob Peters

I have been hearing that Coach D has been on Bob Peters of CVCA pretty hard lately. He was brought in for a visit on the day of the Can't game, Coach D has been to a recent CVCA practice, Coach Mac has been to a couple of CVCA games and it doesn't hurt having Tim Carroll on the staff.

Peters in 13 games is averaging 25.5 pts. He is a knock down shooter and very athletic. Any thoughts here?

I have been hearing that Coach D has been on Bob Peters of CVCA pretty hard lately. He was brought in for a visit on the day of the Can't game, Coach D has been to a recent CVCA practice, Coach Mac has been to a couple of CVCA games and it doesn't hurt having Tim Carroll on the staff.

Peters in 13 games is averaging 25.5 pts. He is a knock down shooter and very athletic. Any thoughts here?

I've never seen him play. What year is he? How tall? Anyway, 25.5 PPG is very impressive.

Yes, he is the son of Head Coach Jay Peters.

Jay Peters! Now THERE's a story! :rolleyes:

Best player in Ohio as a senior (circa 1978), but refused to be recruited for basketball due to his (family's) religion. Went to a tiny church school in PA. Hope I'm not steering into the land of political incorrectness... :P

Best player in Ohio as a senior (circa 1978), but refused to be recruited for basketball due to his (family's) religion. Went to a tiny church school in PA. Hope I'm not steering into the land of political incorrectness... :P

You can say what you want, but it's not about him it's about his son.

BTW he had another great night tonight 24pts 8rbs 3stls.

Ha, tiny church school. I'm familiar with it (Grove City College for those interested) - as it is my alma mater. But ironically he didn't finish his degree there... he ended up at Can't State if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure he'll convert to our side quickly if his son commits to the Zips.

Peters had 22-26 points (my source didn't have exact numbers) tonight against Triway (right around his season average mentioned earlier in the thread). A Zips scout was in attendance I'm told. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this as CVCA is my other alma mater. Go Zips and go Royals.

I picked up a Zip basketball yearbook last night, and while reading through Coach Dan Peters’ bio I noticed that he lists two children (Danny age 24 and Michael age 22). Now perhaps this CVCA player is also his boy and he simply is “protecting him” by leaving his information out in this yearbook. But I thought I would mention it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...