20 Questions with Clayton Moore

Blue & Gold

I had a most fortunate opportunity to speak with Coach Bowden recently and I specifically asked him about the QB situation. He said ideally he’d like to see one of the top 3 from last year’s depth chart (PN7, CM8, ZD11) claim this year’s starting spot (although he admitted ZD11 could very well end up on the other side of the ball). But I also got the clear indication that if none of them perform well enough, any of the newcomers will have a shot. He mentioned that he’s bringing in a player from Texas who knows how to run the system he’s installing at UA, and he could be a “safety net” if all else fails. The system, by the way (to which NZF has alluded), will look a lot like the offenses of WVU/Houston/Oklahoma St (all three schools have been visited by Coach and portions of his UA/UNA staff over recent years.

Thanks for the report...I think that's already more info obtained directly from a football coach than we ever got from RI or JDB. Good job!

• 2 weeks later...