Saturday (2/25) in the MAC

Dave in Green

Akron now assured of no worse than the 3 seed as Can't is faltering big time down the stretch. Can't just doesn't look like a team right now. You hear KD talk a lot about how our guys like playing with each other. I'm not sure any of the guys on Can't's team like each other. They are sloppy, they have no interest at all in rebounding and they aren't very mentally tough. They could well lose the 4 seed to Eastern or BG before it is all said and done.

I don't know why you guys are scoreboard watching to this extent. Akron will be the #1 seed. No question. (Yes, I understand the watch for #4.)

Always fun to hate on Can't! :screwks::nutkick:

Caught the post-game wrap-up on the radio on the way home from work tonight and enjoyed every minute of it. Can't announcer: "We usually have one of the Can't coaches join us be we haven't seen ANYBODY from the team come out of the locker room. It appears the coaches are having a 'Come to Jesus' meeting with the players and word is we may not be having anyone join us." None of the coaches appeared before the radio team signed off for the night. The 'we really suck right now' in their voices was very evident! :cry:

For those who care to head over to the Can't board - Can't/BG thread

Go Zips!!!!!!!

Akron now assured of no worse than the 3 seed as Can't is faltering big time down the stretch. Can't just doesn't look like a team right now. You hear KD talk a lot about how our guys like playing with each other. I'm not sure any of the guys on Can't's team like each other. They are sloppy, they have no interest at all in rebounding and they aren't very mentally tough. They could well lose the 4 seed to Eastern or BG before it is all said and done.

I've heard through some friends and social media that your suspicions may well be true. They have been said to have serious problems behind the closed doors. I don't think that they have any respect for Senderhoff and not much for each other as well. It shows on the floor too.

I've heard through some friends and social media that your suspicions may well be true. They have been said to have serious problems behind the closed doors. I don't think that they have any respect for Senderhoff and not much for each other as well. It shows on the floor too.

Didn't much of the team (especially the seniors) lobby for Senderhoff to get the HC job?

Over the previous 5 seasons, one MAC team has set an example for the conference, focusing not on the regular season but on the MAC tournament. We all know that the Zips have never won the MAC regular season championship, but have made it to the MAC tournament championship game 5 straight seasons.

This season the Zips aren't sneaking up on anyone. They've taken control of regular season conference play as other teams have done in the past. While the Zips have won the MAC tournament championship 3 of the previous 5 seasons, Can't won 3 of 5 regular season championships and had the best overall conference record over those 5 seasons.

This season the Zips will almost certainly enter the MAC tournament as undisputed regular season champions and favorites to win the tournament. Problem is, the favorite team has won the MAC tournament only once in the last 5 seasons -- Can't in 2007-2008.

Over the past 5 seasons Can't has dominated regular season conference play and the Zips have dominated the MAC tournament. No one should be under the illusion that the roles couldn't be reversed this season.

Regardless of regular season results, Can't is one of several MAC teams that could get on a roll in the tournament. The Zips will have to be at their best to replicate what Can't last accomplished in 2007-2008 -- winning both the regular season conference and tournament championships.

Over the previous 5 seasons, one MAC team has set an example for the conference, focusing not on the regular season but on the MAC tournament. We all know that the Zips have never won the MAC regular season championship, but have made it to the MAC tournament championship game 5 straight seasons.

This season the Zips aren't sneaking up on anyone. They've taken control of regular season conference play as other teams have done in the past. While the Zips have won the MAC tournament championship 3 of the previous 5 seasons, Can't won 3 of 5 regular season championships and had the best overall conference record over those 5 seasons.

This season the Zips will almost certainly enter the MAC tournament as undisputed regular season champions and favorites to win the tournament. Problem is, the favorite team has won the MAC tournament only once in the last 5 seasons -- Can't in 2007-2008.

Over the past 5 seasons Can't has dominated regular season conference play and the Zips have dominated the MAC tournament. No one should be under the illusion that the roles couldn't be reversed this season.

Regardless of regular season results, Can't is one of several MAC teams that could get on a roll in the tournament. The Zips will have to be at their best to replicate what Can't last accomplished in 2007-2008 -- winning both the regular season conference and tournament championships.

I agree with the premise that someone could/will get hot like the Zips have recently, but Can't isn't going to be that team. 3 losses in a row now, definitely slumping at the wrong time. I could see OU making a run, which makes it important to squash that tonight before it can get started.

If we play our game we will run the table. The ONLY team in the MAC that has beat us is Buffalo, and we get them at home now.

Just score in the paint, turn Tree loose to rebound and let Zeke shoot and we will win.

BTW, feeding Zeke has become a big part of the offense. He gets the ball inside, they foul, Zeke hits 70% from the line. I like it!