Zips in the MLS, NASL, USLPro 2012 Season Thread

Last year, we had multiple threads for Zips in the MLS and it was hard to keep track of them all. I figured we could start a thread for the 2012 season. Also, I started an MLS Fantasy league if you're interested in joining. http://fantasy.mlssoccer.com/my-leagues/82...n-code=3415-824.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Nagbe scores 3rd pro goal! equalizer at about 50:30 in Dallas off a bad defensive play by Dallas. 1-1 final Timbers, FC Dallas

Edit: Darlington's goal at about 3:50. D didn't play 1st half but started 2nd half.

Is this a regular season game already? I shamefully haven't been paying attention! :wall:

no kidding, I haven't renewed my Matchday Live yet, I'm slacking this year. Montreal had 58,912 for their home opener!!!! None of the Zips made the roster for that game.

I hope Nagbe's goal gets him into the starting lineup. Start at 3:38

no kidding, I haven't renewed my Matchday Live yet, I'm slacking this year. Montreal had 58,912 for their home opener!!!! None of the Zips made the roster for that game.

I hope Nagbe's goal gets him into the starting lineup. Start at 3:38

Thanks Bobbyake for finding the Youtube version of the highlights. With 4 of our pro Zips being with the U23s in Nashville and Zakuani still rehabbing, playing time is down for our former players. I'm sure Zarek would have been in the game with the Impact if he was there.

Zemanski came in during the 2nd half for Chivas, but the goats don't look good again this season...not scoring goals. No Blair Gavin and Mattocks didn't get in for the Whitecaps.

I'll be interested to see if Kris Korb gets on the field with DC today (I hope).

Thanks Bobbyake for finding the Youtube version of the highlights. With 4 of our pro Zips being with the U23s in Nashville and Zakuani still rehabbing, playing time is down for our former players. I'm sure Zarek would have been in the game with the Impact if he was there.

Zemanski came in during the 2nd half for Chivas, but the goats don't look good again this season...not scoring goals. No Blair Gavin and Mattocks didn't get in for the Whitecaps.

I'll be interested to see if Kris Korb gets on the field with DC today (I hope).

Korb started the last 3 or 4 games for DC last year, and those were important games for their playoff hopes. He should find himself in the starting lineup soon.

Teal Bunbury might be a bench player again this year, CJ Sapong is playing well.

DC added a few important pieces to their backline during the off season. Korb is currently the first outside-back off the bench, but you know, barring any injuries, substitutions are usually preserved for attacking players. Korb will see first team minutes at some point this year though, I feel sure of it.

speaking of Chris Korb, he started today against the Galaxy :cheers:

Yeah just saw that. Good for him, bad for me in the prediction department. I have to wonder though if Woolard is just injured or something. Olsen has praised him as the starting LB and he isn't even on the bench for this game. Glad to see Chris get the start though, maybe he can lock down the starting job for good.

Yeah just saw that. Good for him, bad for me in the prediction department. I have to wonder though if Woolard is just injured or something. Olsen has praised him as the starting LB and he isn't even on the bench for this game. Glad to see Chris get the start though, maybe he can lock down the starting job for good.

He's playing well, the goal the Galaxy scored was the CB's fault. To be fair, it was Robbie Keane that scored.

He's playing well, the goal the Galaxy scored was the CB's fault. To be fair, it was Robbie Keane that scored.

Yeah, glad to see Chris (spelled it right this time) in there; wish DC was playing better. Besides Kitchen and Hamid being in Nashville with the U23's, they have the following injuries: D.C. UNITED -- OUT: MF Kurt Morsink (L foot neurectomy); DF Ethan White (R knee inflammation)

I found this Montreal Gazette article on Evan Bush as he adjusts to being an MLS 3rd-team GK as opposed to starting (and starring) for a NASL squad.

As a side note, I'm heading to C-Bus this weekend to see the Impact (my adopted MLS team) take on the Crew. This will be my very 1st MLS game (way overdue) and I look forward to rooting on the Impact even though the Zip contigent in Montreal is highly unlikely to see any action. In addition to Bush being behind Ricketts and Sutton, Sinisa is hurt and Zarek is with the USA U-23s. Still looking forward to it, despite rain in the forecast.

I found this Montreal Gazette article on Evan Bush as he adjusts to being an MLS 3rd-team GK as opposed to starting (and starring) for a NASL squad.

As a side note, I'm heading to C-Bus this weekend to see the Impact (my adopted MLS team) take on the Crew. This will be my very 1st MLS game (way overdue) and I look forward to rooting on the Impact even though the Zip contigent in Montreal is highly unlikely to see any action. In addition to Bush being behind Ricketts and Sutton, Sinisa is hurt and Zarek is with the USA U-23s. Still looking forward to it, despite rain in the forecast.

Former Zip Ben Speas (Columbus Crew) is also out, having had sports hernia surgery according the MLS injury report.

Enjoy the game anyway.

Former Zip Ben Speas (Columbus Crew) is also out, having had sports hernia surgery according the MLS injury report.

Enjoy the game anyway.

Got back a little while ago. Crew Stadium is a really nice facility. I knew it was the 1st purpose-built soccer stadium in the country, but I really didn't know what to expect. Thanks to $5 scalped tickets, we sat in the upper deck (section 227) and it actually reminded me of the sight lines at the Info. Probably thanks to this fantastic weather, the pitch was pristine. The entire experience was very fan friendly.

As for the game, the Impact didn't give me much to root for, although they had several chances early on (Braun is a force). Once Brovsky got the straight red after only about 20 minutes (they really need Zarek back there), the game was more or less decided. Bernardo Corradi may have at one time been a Serie A standout, but at this point in his career he couldn't make it in Serie Z :lol: We didn't stick around for the reserve game, but I didn't see either Sinisa or Evan suited up (didn't notice Speas). Will have to make it back again sometime.

Has anyone seen whether Ampai is out injured @San Jose? His name's not listed on their roster.

Ampai is on Quakes team roster, but hasn't shown up on a gameday roster going back to last season. He is not on the MLS injury report as of Friday, March 23, 2012

Ampai is on Quakes team roster, but hasn't shown up on a gameday roster going back to last season. He is not on the MLS injury report as of Friday, March 23, 2012

I've been checking around, and while I cannot find it now, I saw a reference earlier that Ampai had been training with the Thailand national team last fall. Not sure if that is factual, and if so whether he has gathered any caps, but if so, I guess it would remove him from contention for future US duty. He would probably be the best player in Thailand history. I'm going to try and gather more info with the help of some friends -- especially since my current work place has a 75% Thai population. Hopefully, I can get one of my new friends to translate some of the Ampai Thai fans Facebook page! :D