Zips in the MLS, NASL, USLPro 2012 Season Thread

Glad I was there to see this live. Speas looked pretty well in the center midfield lined up with starter Tony Tchani, playing all 45 minutes in the second half. Speas took all the free kicks and was moving well off the ball into space. He had another shot on goal that was saved by the keeper. Its got to feel good to get a goal against Stoke City. Columbus controlled most of the game and had multiple chances. Not much to say about Stoke, they looked like it was preseason and they performed like it was preseason.

On a another note, Peter Crouch looks like a giraffe running on the field when watching him live.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-5821-1343233637_thumb.png

Looks like Darren Mattocks will be representing Jamaica against the USMNT Sept. 7th(in Kingston) and Sept. 11th(in Columbus) in World Cup Qualifying.

Friendly against El Salvador Aug. 15th(in Washington D.C.)

I hope he gets some playing time against the USA, but he better not score. :nono:

post-5821-1343233637_thumb.png

Looks like Darren Mattocks will be representing Jamaica against the USMNT Sept. 7th(in Kingston) and Sept. 11th(in Columbus) in World Cup Qualifying.

Friendly against El Salvador Aug. 15th(in Washington D.C.)

I hope he gets some playing time against the USA, but he better not score. :nono:

Right.

We are big Mattocks supporters up until the serious stuff (national teams) starts.

Chivas USA defeated the sliding-into-oblivion Portland Timbers on Saturday night at Jeldwen Field, PDX. Portland was pretty much controlling the pace of action with their fine young attackers, but was unable to put away multiple chances. Then Ben Zemanski, the Goats' undeniable new playmaker

up to the head of captain Danny Califf, putting Chivas into ecstacy. Timbers never recovered. Could Zemanski be the most improved player in MLS?

Everyone is talking about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, but it looks like the biggest split of 2012 is going to be Blair Gavin and Ben Zemanski.

It's funny cause I saw the headline on facebook and obviously to the casual MLS fan, the part about Shalrie Joseph is the most interesting part, but of course when I clicked on it to see who they traded, I was more surprised to see Blair on his way out. Apparently Chivas loves drafting Zips and then getting rid of them. Oh well, one more MLS side to have an Akron player on it.

Everyone is talking about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, but it looks like the biggest split of 2012 is going to be Blair Gavin and Ben Zemanski.

It's funny cause I saw the headline on facebook and obviously to the casual MLS fan, the part about Shalrie Joseph is the most interesting part, but of course when I clicked on it to see who they traded, I was more surprised to see Blair on his way out. Apparently Chivas loves drafting Zips and then getting rid of them. Oh well, one more MLS side to have an Akron player on it.

Actually, Chivas lost Zarek Valentin because they didn't know what they were doing.

As far as this trade, great for Blair Gavin. There's a chance that he could be joined by Scott Caldwell, whom I believe is a Revolution Academy product, next season. I saw tweets earlier this summer that Scott spent some time working out with the Revolution during practice sessions this year like he did last year. I also imagine the Caldwells, who are Revs fans, are happy to see Blair join their local MLS club. Some built-in local fans for Blair.

gotta give props to Teal, hes been really working his tail off and its showing on the pitch. another goal last night, been very aggresive out on the pitch, trying to creating scoring opps not only for himself but his teammates (should of had an assist on a straight hustle play last night.) Once not thought highly of by Sporting KC faithful, Teals hardwork has created room on the Bunbury bandwagon for Sporting KC Fans and they are starting to jump on.

Nagbe scored a goal today http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2012-...?videoID=197236

Korb got into a fight with another teammate at the end of the DC V Philly game today

idk if anyone watched the DC-Phili game, but it got NASTY. Ended with 9 men v. 10. So many cards issued, a questionable retake of a PK that wasn't made the second time, referee had no control of the game at the end. Yeah Korb and Brandon McDonald got into it at the end. That was the least of the fights that occurred during the game, but still looked heated.

idk if anyone watched the DC-Phili game, but it got NASTY. Ended with 9 men v. 10. So many cards issued, a questionable retake of a PK that wasn't made the second time, referee had no control of the game at the end. Yeah Korb and Brandon McDonald got into it at the end. That was the least of the fights that occurred during the game, but still looked heated.

Yes, it was a very interesting (to say the least) ending. I'm sure MLS will be looking at how the officials handled (mishandled?) that one.

Zakuani nets first goals since injury in Reserve League win

For at least a half, Steve Zakuani looked like his pre-injury self.

Switching between left midfielder and forward for much of Sunday’s Reserve League match, Zakuani scored a pair of goals to lead the Seattle Sounders to a 3-2 victory over the LA Galaxy. They were the first goals he’s scored in any match since breaking his leg last May.