37 replies to this topic

#16 Captain Kangaroo

Captain Kangaroo

UA Intramural Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,435 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Janoris Jenkins - The most-discussed non-Zip football player on ZN.o since Dwight Lowery. Technically, Ryan Bain might also be a candidate.
"95% of all excuses are probably true. And 100% of them are unacceptable."

-Denny Green-

#17 g-mann17

g-mann17

Nonsensical Rambler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

Janoris Jenkins - The most-discussed non-Zip football player on ZN.o since Dwight Lowery.

Technically, Ryan Bain might also be a candidate.

Dwight Lowery isn't a Zip? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bain felt pain mainly in his brain and got in only one play, but his legend will always remain.
"At least we know what the hell we is...we's a ZIP!" - Butchie Washington

#18 Dr Z

Dr Z

Zips Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

I wonder if any NFL execs have contacted coach Bowden for an opinion?

NFL.com story yesterday by Albert Breer

Executives agreed that he is talented and has been honest about his issues, though it continues to trouble them that the drug use, by Jenkins' own admission, wasn't curtailed after he was thrown off Florida's team by coach Will Muschamp.

The Florida program had problems with players testing positive in recent years, with Minnesota Vikings receiver Percy Harvin and New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez being prominent examples of ex-Gators plummeting on draft day as a result. It's the combination of issues, however, that puts Jenkins in a more serious category, possibly taking a player with top-half-of-the-first-round talent out of the first night of the draft altogether.

"He's running with the wrong people," an NFC personnel executive said. "They gave him every chance in the world at Florida, and it didn't work. And he gets to North Alabama, and he's still smoking because he's got this big-fish, little-pond thing going. I don't see him going in the first round, and a lot of teams have him off their board completely."

michgamebanner2.jpg

"I've been fortunate in my life time to be part of some big wins, and that would have been the biggest" —Terry Bowden on UA@UM

#19 Zipmeister

Zipmeister

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

IMHO, any time the number of out of wedlock children a playa has exceeds the playa's number of arrests, the NFL should reduce the number of arrests to be considered in judging the playa's character.

#20 Lee Adams

Lee Adams

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

I wonder if any NFL execs have contacted coach Bowden for an opinion?
NFL.com story yesterday by Albert Breer

Executives agreed that he is talented and has been honest about his issues, though it continues to trouble them that the drug use, by Jenkins' own admission, wasn't curtailed after he was thrown off Florida's team by coach Will Muschamp.

The Florida program had problems with players testing positive in recent years, with Minnesota Vikings receiver Percy Harvin and New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez being prominent examples of ex-Gators plummeting on draft day as a result. It's the combination of issues, however, that puts Jenkins in a more serious category, possibly taking a player with top-half-of-the-first-round talent out of the first night of the draft altogether.

"He's running with the wrong people," an NFC personnel executive said. "They gave him every chance in the world at Florida, and it didn't work. And he gets to North Alabama, and he's still smoking because he's got this big-fish, little-pond thing going. I don't see him going in the first round, and a lot of teams have him off their board completely."

So he really needs to take advantage of this umpteenth chance if he really wants to have a shot at the NFL.
Ummm...
[SIZE=7][FONT=Geneva] ziptex

#21 Lee Adams

Lee Adams

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

Sorry to double up on this. But,heard something today about this guy's draft status. Some of you all with 'inside' info. whats going on with him?

#22 Dr Z

Dr Z

Zips Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Peter King Tweet

I know it's bizarro world, but I'm hearing some noise about Janoris Jenkins
at the bottom of round one. This draft can't come soon enough.

michgamebanner2.jpg

"I've been fortunate in my life time to be part of some big wins, and that would have been the biggest" —Terry Bowden on UA@UM

#23 Lee Adams

Lee Adams

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

Somebody will use a 4th/5th pick on him.

#24 LZip

LZip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Somebody will use a 4th/5th pick on him.

nah. 2nd, 3rd at latest.

#25 LZip

LZip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

and there he goes!

#26 Dave in Green

Dave in Green

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,175 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

The 36th player selected. Pretty darned impressive. EDIT: Oops, 39th. I was looking at a mock draft, not the real one.

#27 Dr Z

Dr Z

Zips Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Congrats to Janoris, playing for Jeff Fisher is a good fit for him.

Funny story. I'm driving to my softball game last night listening to NFL radio. Adam Shine, Pat Kirwan and Gil Brandt are interviewing Janoris.

Jenkins was asked of the popular comparison between him and troubled cornerback Pacman Jones, a draft choice of Rams coach Jeff Fisher when he coached the Titans.
When it was suggested that Fisher liked Jenkins because of his similarity to Jones, Jenkins told SIRIUS XM NFL Radio, "I mean, no, because I never shot up a strip club or nothing like that."

Even after they come back from a commercial the crew repeated his quote and laughted.
Funny that the USA today picked up on the comment. I laughed all night about it.

"I ain't got nothing to prove"

michgamebanner2.jpg

#28 GP1

GP1

Pontificator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

"I mean, no, because I never shot up a strip club or nothing like that."

:rofl: :rofl:
"...you want it to be one way. But it's the other way." --Marlo Stanfield, The Wire

"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple." - Woody Guthrie

#29 NewZipsFan

NewZipsFan

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Congrats to Janoris, playing for Jeff Fisher is a good fit for him.

Funny story. I'm driving to my softball game last night listening to NFL radio. Adam Shine, Pat Kirwan and Gil Brandt are interviewing Janoris.

Jenkins was asked of the popular comparison between him and troubled cornerback Pacman Jones, a draft choice of Rams coach Jeff Fisher when he coached the Titans.
When it was suggested that Fisher liked Jenkins because of his similarity to Jones, Jenkins told SIRIUS XM NFL Radio, "I mean, no, because I never shot up a strip club or nothing like that."

Even after they come back from a commercial the crew repeated his quote and laughted.
Funny that the USA today picked up on the comment. I laughed all night about it.

"I ain't got nothing to prove"

I think now that he's finally been drafted -- has a team/coaches that believe in him, and want to help him succeed -- he will be a lot more relaxed. I read one article today that said he was going to be a "quote machine" - after hearing the Pacman statement... He can really show his personality now - its going to be a lot of fun to watch him and listen to him. I was really hoping Cleveland would take him...

Maybe his first punt return in the NFL will turn out the same way that OUR Cornerback Coach's did??

T-Buck's NFL Debut

#30 Dr Z

Dr Z

Zips Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

Ram's are looking for "safeguards" with his contract. The Rams want the signing bonus split over four seasons to protect themselves "against Jenkins not panning out."

A Rams source said the team has even offered to give Jenkins interest on money as it's paid. The team simply wants a safeguard and believes it will get it.
"Do you really think the kid is going to go back in the draft over this?" the source said. "After all he has been through? Look, we want to pay him and we want to pay him fairly. We're not trying to cut the money way down or anything like that. We just want to keep him focused and this seems like a good way to do it."

michgamebanner2.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users