Janoris Jenkins

Dr Z

Congrats to Janoris, playing for Jeff Fisher is a good fit for him.

Funny story. I'm driving to my softball game last night listening to NFL radio. Adam Shine, Pat Kirwan and Gil Brandt are interviewing Janoris.

Jenkins was asked of the popular comparison between him and troubled cornerback Pacman Jones, a draft choice of Rams coach Jeff Fisher when he coached the Titans.

When it was suggested that Fisher liked Jenkins because of his similarity to Jones, Jenkins told SIRIUS XM NFL Radio, "I mean, no, because I never shot up a strip club or nothing like that."

Even after they come back from a commercial the crew repeated his quote and laughted.

Funny that the USA today picked up on the comment. I laughed all night about it.

"I ain't got nothing to prove"

Congrats to Janoris, playing for Jeff Fisher is a good fit for him.

Funny story. I'm driving to my softball game last night listening to NFL radio. Adam Shine, Pat Kirwan and Gil Brandt are interviewing Janoris.

Jenkins was asked of the popular comparison between him and troubled cornerback Pacman Jones, a draft choice of Rams coach Jeff Fisher when he coached the Titans.

When it was suggested that Fisher liked Jenkins because of his similarity to Jones, Jenkins told SIRIUS XM NFL Radio, "I mean, no, because I never shot up a strip club or nothing like that."

Even after they come back from a commercial the crew repeated his quote and laughted.

Funny that the USA today picked up on the comment. I laughed all night about it.

"I ain't got nothing to prove"

I think now that he's finally been drafted -- has a team/coaches that believe in him, and want to help him succeed -- he will be a lot more relaxed. I read one article today that said he was going to be a "quote machine" - after hearing the Pacman statement... He can really show his personality now - its going to be a lot of fun to watch him and listen to him. I was really hoping Cleveland would take him...

Maybe his first punt return in the NFL will turn out the same way that OUR Cornerback Coach's did??

T-Buck's NFL Debut

• 2 months later...

Ram's are looking for "safeguards" with his contract. The Rams want the signing bonus split over four seasons to protect themselves "against Jenkins not panning out."

A Rams source said the team has even offered to give Jenkins interest on money as it's paid. The team simply wants a safeguard and believes it will get it.

"Do you really think the kid is going to go back in the draft over this?" the source said. "After all he has been through? Look, we want to pay him and we want to pay him fairly. We're not trying to cut the money way down or anything like that. We just want to keep him focused and this seems like a good way to do it."

I read one article today that said he was going to be a "quote machine" - its going to be a lot of fun to listen to him.

If by "quote machine", they mean a really stupid guy saying really stupid things, then he will be one. I look forward to it too.

Personally, I will be shocked in eight years to read that he is no longer in the league and flat broke.
No one should be shocked about any NFL player being broke. 78% of NFL players go bankrupt or nearly broke just two years into retirement (according to SI).

Star Athletes Excel at Losing Millions

I think the Rams are actually trying to help Janoris out by safeguarding his contract. I'm sure his agent will do whats best for his agent.

• 3 months later...

Another big day for the rookie.

His 39- and 36-yard interception returns for touchdown made him the first rookie to return two picks for scores in 52 years, and made coach Jeff Fisher a genius for benching him two weeks ago at San Francisco for violating team rules and having to run the stadium stairs before the game at Candlestick Park. Watch how he baited quarterback Ryan Lindley of the Cardinals, especially on the first pick-6, and you'll see why the Rams took a chance on the troubled college star in the second round of the draft. cut and paste from MMQB

• 3 years later...

Great matchup on national tv this week.

Giants CB Janoris Jenkins is expected to shadow (the MAC's own) Antonio Brown in Week 13. The Giants have been using Jenkins to trail opposing No. 1 wideouts this season, and he's done well to limit Dez Bryant (1-8), Stefon Diggs (5-47), and A.J. Green (7-68-1) in previous matchups. Jenkins is Pro Football Focus' No. 7 cover corner out of 120 qualifiers. Brown remains an elite WR1.

• 2 weeks later...

10 most impressive individual performances from Sunday’s games.

1. Janoris Jenkins, CB, New York Giants

One of the big reasons the Giants were able to come out on top against Dallas on Sunday night, as well as slow down what had been an unstoppable juggernaut of a Cowboys offense, was the performance of Jenkins against Dak Prescott and Dez Bryant. Jenkins was targeted eight times, allowed just two catches for 17 yards, and gave up a passer rating of 0.0 for the game, about 40 points lower than if Prescott had just thrown the ball into the turf every snap. Jenkins caught as many passes intended for Bryant as Bryant managed to bring in himself (one).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...