Photo
- - - - -

Ohio vs Akron

40 replies to this topic

Poll: Who wins (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Winner

1. OU (6 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. UA (36 votes [85.71%])

Percentage of vote: 85.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dr Z

Dr Z

Zips Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,415 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

Predict the score and why. Ohio is favored by one and a half.

michgamebanner2.jpg

"I've been fortunate in my life time to be part of some big wins, and that would have been the biggest" —Terry Bowden on UA@UM

#2 skip-zip

skip-zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

Geez. How do you put the #1 Seed as a 1.5 point underdog, playing an hour from home. Is the loss AT OU really impacting the prognosticators this much? I'm going to predict this game based on fatigue. OU will be playing their 3rd game in a 48 hour period, including playing the late game last night. Tired legs make it difficult to hit 30-foot 3-pointers, and they are going to need those shots to fall in order to beat us. Akron 75 OU 68

#3 Zipmeister

Zipmeister

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

I am going with the Zips because I think they will win by 14.

#4 PB1719

PB1719

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

UA 71 OU 59 Zeke really steps it up this game and has 5 blocks, we turn the ball over far less often. We play like we have a chip on our shoulder after the last game vs OU.

#5 The Hip Zip

The Hip Zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Nothing more that I hate than saying this : OU 76 UA 68 :( Please prove me wrong Zips

#6 zippy5

zippy5

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Zips 75-61 OU's legs are tired, but their egos aren't. I can see them shooting 20% from three and still jacking up 20+ from behind the arc tonight.

#7 Bubba4three

Bubba4three

Zips Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Geez. How do you put the #1 Seed as a 1.5 point underdog, playing an hour from home.

Hour from home... HA.
How much you wanna bet it is OHIO with the home court advantage? Bobcatnation travels better than the rest of the MAC combined.
Can't read, Can't write, Akron.

#8 Carol

Carol

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

:wave: :wave: Hey I got the reply right this time :D Oh I have no doubt Zips will win. OU has to be tired. Just challenge Coop! Get in his FACE They don't have much of an inside game. Every time I watch this team I see improvement. I expect next season to be awesome and even make a run for the NCAA big time. They seem to be playing together more and watching more where each other is on the floor. Taking care of the ball will be a big thing tonight. GO ZIPS BEAT OU :champs:

#9 The Hip Zip

The Hip Zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hour from home... HA.
How much you wanna bet it is OHIO with the home court advantage? Bobcatnation travels better than the rest of the MAC combined.

ESAD troll

#10 1981grad

1981grad

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

I take the Zips by 5, 70-65. I looked at the Ohio Box score against Buffalo and they had 2 players playing 36 minutes and 2 players playing 30 minutes. In the Toledo game they had Baltic and Kellogg playing over 30 minutes. Cooper did not have a good 2nd half as his shots were not falling and he scored only 3 points the 2nd half. Buffalo was clearly the better team the 2nd half. Their game did not end till midnight. The Zips should have fresher legs as only 2 zips, the Serb and Alex played over 30 minutes. For those complaining about the format, the format gives the Zips an advantage, one less game and the earlier semifinal. If the Zips play as well as they did against Can't, we should be dancing. Go Zips!

#11 Quickzips

Quickzips

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

Anyone who is thinking that fatigue is going to be a factor tonight is out of their minds. How soon we forget that the past 3 tournament championship have gone to a team that didn't even get a bye (including twice for us). 3 games in 3 nights for a bunch of 19 and 20 year olds is nothing. OU won't be fatigued, and they will be ready to play. This one all comes down to the perimeter quickness and 3 point shooting for OU vs. the interior play and depth for the Zips. I really like the Zips in this one. I just hate teams that rely so heavily on deep, deep 3's. 3 point shooting comes and goes. Points in the paint, rebounding, defensive effort. Those are the things you can rely on, and I think the Zips have the edge in most of those categories. I think this one will look a lot like the first matchup did. The Zips will force things through the post with Nik, Zeke and Tree early and pull away late as foul trouble mounts for the Bobcats. Zips 75 OU 67

#12 skip-zip

skip-zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hour from home... HA.

We're you at the title game in Cleveland 2 years ago? Are you delusional or just very forgetful ? And were you paying any attention last night?

I noticed your group of approx. 200 people last night on the other side of the court. Nice showing :thumb: Buffalo was just as loud as you guys, and they came down all the way from Canada.

Akron sold out 5 sections last night, just from people who went through our own ticket office for their tickets.

#13 ksu sucks

ksu sucks

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

How much you wanna bet it is OHIO

Every time someone types "Ohio" in all capital letters, it reads like they are randomly screaming in mid-sentence.

And yes, chances are there will be more buckeye jerseys than anything else. Good observation.
Posted Image

#14 skip-zip

skip-zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Anyone who is thinking that fatigue is going to be a factor tonight is out of their minds.

Not when you consider a team like OU, who is not very deep or strong on the interior, and you just got beat up by a team as physical as Buffalo 20 hours earlier.

#15 Dr Z

Dr Z

Zips Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,415 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

:wave: :wave: Hey I got the reply right this time :D

Congrats! Now I know the Zips can win.

michgamebanner2.jpg

"I've been fortunate in my life time to be part of some big wins, and that would have been the biggest" —Terry Bowden on UA@UM

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users