Has anyone gotten messages from the infamous member? Every time I make any kind of post in the Arena thread(s) just discussing it as fans would, I get messages from him saying how dumb everyone else is and how he has these sources, whom he cannot name or cite, that say "UA will do this and that". Its almost clockwork that every time I post anything informational I get a message from him. I think he's finally gotten the clue Ive been sending that I don't care (I think he blocked me), but has anyone else been having him contact you? Based on the fact that he isn't posting in the threads, I presume he's been banned from posting and can only read...

Sorry for the rant, but I did not care to be harassed by a member like that. It'd be different if a) it wasnt Jake, and B) it wasn't just BS every time a message was sent to me

I've received PMs from Jake after making posts about the arena. Since his PMs are always civil, unlike some of the shooting matches he got involved in when posting publicly on ZN.o, I have no problem receiving and reading them.

I have no way of knowing how good his sources are, so I take them with a grain of salt as I do all unsubstantiated claims. But he's never made any outrageous claims in any of his PMs to me, and I don't object to receiving them.

I've received PMs from Jake after making posts about the arena. Since his PMs are always civil, unlike some of the shooting matches he got involved in when posting publicly on ZN.o, I have no problem receiving and reading them.

I have no way of knowing how good his sources are, so I take them with a grain of salt as I do all unsubstantiated claims. But he's never made any outrageous claims in any of his PMs to me, and I don't object to receiving them.

Same here. Can't say I believe him, but they aren't uncivil or filled with profane or anything

while I will concede they are civil, the fact that theyre a constant "installment", for lack of a better phrase, is what I find most annoying. If I cared about the subject as much as he apparently does, Id engage with him, but all of my responses have been iterations of the concept of "cool story". Its nice he cares, but where he got the idea I cared to hear what he thought is beyond me, and why he keeps messaging me is what annoys me most. Somewhat not surprised by the number of people whom he's also messaged.

I guess anyone who doesn't want to receive PMs from a person should first send a PM back asking them to please not bother sending any more. If they ignore a polite request, you can select the down arrow next to their name in one of their PMs, and then select Add to PM Block List.

I think we all understand that Jake is passionately committed to having a new arena built on campus, and passionately against having it built downtown. So if there's any shred of information about the potential for an arena to be built on campus or not to be built downtown, Jake will have it. I always assume that some of the info may be accurate and some exaggerated, as is usually the case with people who have passionate opinions on issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I see these posts were lifted from another thread and placed in a separate thread here.

After all the nice things I had to say about Jake's PMs, it's only fair to go on record here with what ultimately happened. Jake took offense at one of my comments and sent me a rambling, angry, insulting PM with all of the old language he used to use in his public posts against anyone who disagreed with him.

As I said earlier, I had no problem receiving Jake's PMs as long as they were civil. As soon as they turned uncivil, I added Jake to my PM block list.

• 1 month later...

just had him send me another PM about my topic re: springfest. i couldnt reply because its apparently disabled on his account (why he can send them but not receive is beyond me). Im guessing he's banned from posting in the forums too?

getting kind of annoying because i really dont care what he has to say

• 1 month later...
getting kind of annoying because i really dont care what he has to say

Good thing the arena discussion has started up again....my inbox is getting filled haha

I see who it's from and just delete it.

At this point I almost want the arena to be built downtown to see his meltdown.

And yes I fully expect to see a message in my inbox regarding this.