Go VCU!

Without having the Zips to root for in the NCAA tournament, I'm returning to last year's form and cheering for Shaka Smart and VCU.

#12 seed VCU just finished upsetting #5 seed Wichita State, 62-59. Hate to see one good mid-major knocking off another in the first round. But at least the right team won.

Without having the Zips to root for in the NCAA tournament, I'm returning to last year's form and cheering for Shaka Smart and VCU.

#12 seed VCU just finished upsetting #5 seed Wichita State, 62-59. Hate to see one good mid-major knocking off another in the first round. But at least the right team won.

Thanks Dave! Totally agree with your sentiment.

It was awful that we got matched up in the first round. Wichita State could have made a deep run. Glad we were able to hold on to knock 'em off!

What Shaka has done with replacing 4 of our top 5 players from last year is nothing short of incredible.

I'm rooting too! In part because DistrictBaller is such an Akron supporter and in part because something has to go my way with my bracket.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the support!

Don't worry your time is coming soon enough. Dambrot's obviously got you guys trending upwards and once all this young talent matures, you'll be pretty formidable.

I had to say I was noticeably agitated when I flipped to the Ohio-Michigan game and saw that the Bobcats were leading. You guys must have rubbed off on me or something! :lol:

Cooper is red hot tonight, and the other Bobkitties aren't far behind. If they keep shooting like they are for the last quarter of the game, they'll beat UM. Thing is, we know OU can't stay hot like that for more than a couple of games at most. If they win tonight, they'll get blown out in another game or two when they cool off.

I wish Groce would stay. I want KD to step up and beat the best.

Cooper plays big in big games!

When do you think that will happen? KD has raised the level of the program significantly since he came in. Next step is to not have to rely on the tourney win and get an at-large and win a game in the NCAA.

When do you think that will happen? KD has raised the level of the program significantly since he came in.
Next year is my hope? Talent is at all time high next year, congrats to KD. Now pick up the in game coaching and we can start beating good teams. That's when you start filling the JAR.

Cooper plays big in some big games. In the NCAA tournament two years ago Cooper was dynamite in the upset of Georgetown, and mediocre in the second-round loss to Tennessee.

OK. His athletic and b.ball ability is superior to most other individuals in the MAC. Whether OU beats Mich. or not, he is a big part of the reason OU got to this point.

As I said prior to the MAC championship game, OU does a couple of things really, really well. They cover the passing lanes and anticipate passes better than any team in the MAC, and they're better at poking the ball out of players' hands than any other MAC team. They're doing both to Michigan tonight. Right now OU has gone cold from the field. If they stay cold, Michigan wins. If they heat up at the end, OU wins.

Kudos to OU for representing the MAC well in the first round of the NCAA tournament for the second time in three years. But they're built for the short run, not the long haul. Odds are they go cold and get destroyed in round 2 as they did last time they were in this position.

If anyone thought the Zips weren't getting enough respect this season, get ready for next season when OU will be walking on water with the national media. The Bobkitties have taken over from Can't as the MAC team that can actually win NCAA tournament games.

Count me in as those supporting OU. When they came to the JAR, I kind of expected their fans to be a little cocky, considering they had just made the Final Four. They were extremely classy though, and Smart is fun to watch. Go VCU!

Thanks guys, we have our garbage bandwagon fans just the same as any successful school, but our core fans who have been around a while and seen us through the bad and the good are as knowledgeable and cordial a fan base as they come.

Hopefully you guys can help root us on to a victory against the Hoosiers of Indiana tonight! Down with the Big 10! :lol:

VCU up by 5 with less than 4 minutes left.

Man, I just have to say how much I love VCU's style of play. One of the announcers just summed it up pretty well when he noted that VCU is "relentless" on both offense and defense.

I really like that term relentless. I like it when the players are always sharp and crisp, lunging for balls on defense all the time and moving so fast on offense all the time that someone is always open.

I would love to see the Zips play this style of ball. I would love it if KD spent some time with Shaka trying to emulate that style of play.

The one thing that concerns me is that the Zips players just don't seem to be in great athletic shape. I don't mean they aren't athletic, because they are. But they seem to lack endurance. In spite of many slow, deliberate offensive possessions and in spite of all the subbing that goes on, I frequently see Zips players sucking air and bending over as if they've been running a marathon.

If I could wish for one thing, it would be that KD would put all the Zips players on a serious endurance training program so that they could play flat out on offense and defense for the whole game without tiring out. I want to see Zips players begging to stay in instead of asking to be subbed out.

Otherwise I fear that the Zips may not be spending much time in the NCAA tournament, and that I'll end up watching my second favorite team (VCU) making a run through the tournament every season because they are physically fit enough to be relentless all the time.

Well, crap. VCU loses by 2. But I still love their relentless style, even if they missed shots near the end that could have won it.

Ahhhhhh! That's a shame (and three Big Tens still dancing). Worse for me is being able to see only one game at a time (watching on Armed Forces Net this year from On the Road). I still haven't seen one play from OU's huge win over the Wolverines! :rolleyes: I expect Shaka and Districtballer's club to go much farther next year's tournament. I would love for Akron to get them somewhere in the 2013 dance. That's probably the only way we seem them again.