Stainbrook out at WMU

Hilltopper

Can't seems like a logical destination. They have a history of trying to do their civic duty by helping rehabilitate troubled youths -- as long as they can score and rebound. ;)

Word on the street is that Can't is going to do a thorough house cleaning this offseason, so I'm thinking Matt might not fit into the new Can't program.

I'd take Stainbrook. He'd be a great compliment to Zeke and a good change of pace off the bench...of course he would never come here if he was a backup.

(This would mean Tree at the four instead of being Zeke's backup, which is what he'll probably be next year anyway.)

I would take him in a second. He is a moose. Out of shape, out of control, but still a moose. With our bigs he would be a big piece of the puzzle.

Addition by subtraction for the Bronco's. Stain was a headcase who didn't fit in with that team on or off the court. Poor locker-room guy, slowed down an offense that was built more to get out in the open floor. Kudos for Hawkins for realizing that this kid is a cancer to his program and removing him from the equation.

Addition by subtraction for the Bronco's. Stain was a headcase who didn't fit in with that team on or off the court. Poor locker-room guy, slowed down an offense that was built more to get out in the open floor. Kudos for Hawkins for realizing that this kid is a cancer to his program and removing him from the equation.

Exactly, 'Stain had Hawkins on the verge of a nervous breakdown. He just couldn't deal with this guy. On game day he appeared to be a great team player but the guy has major anger management problems that boiled over to the point that they were the norm rather than the exception. While the guy has undeniable talent, I don't think that I'd want him. Dambrot would have none of his antics and in time he'd be outta here as well.

Exactly, 'Stain had Hawkins on the verge of a nervous breakdown. He just couldn't deal with this guy. On game day he appeared to be a great team player but the guy has major anger management problems that boiled over to the point that they were the norm rather than the exception. While the guy has undeniable talent, I don't think that I'd want him. Dambrot would have none of his antics and in time he'd be outta here as well.

Hip Zip and Quickzips nailed it on the head.

I'd take Stainbrook. He'd be a great compliment to Zeke and a good change of pace off the bench...of course he would never come here if he was a backup.

(This would mean Tree at the four instead of being Zeke's backup, which is what he'll probably be next year anyway.)

He would have to sit out a year, so he would be our starting center during the post-Zeke era

He would have to sit out a year, so he would be our starting center during the post-Zeke era

You guys can have him. The best thing that could happen to him is being forced to sit out a year and get into shape...mentally and physically.

He's basically Nook LaLush pre Crash Davis....fungus on the shower shoes included.

(I don't think he fits the mold of players Dambrot recruits though. Being athletic isn't a strong suit. He played at WMU for 2 yrs and I can remember him dunking once)

You guys can have him. The best thing that could happen to him is being forced to sit out a year and get into shape...mentally and physically.

He's basically Nook LaLush pre Crash Davis....fungus on the shower shoes included.

(I don't think he fits the mold of players Dambrot recruits though. Being athletic isn't a strong suit. He played at WMU for 2 yrs and I can remember him dunking once)

Bull Durham reference? Yesssss

It's funny, we loved and respected your team at WMU... except for Stainbrook. We hated his guts. But now that he's on the market we're discussing how he'd look suiting up for the Zips. :lol:

It's funny, we loved and respected your team at WMU... except for Stainbrook. We hated his guts. But now that he's on the market we're discussing how he'd look suiting up for the Zips. :lol:

Considering the cheap shot he pulled at the end of our loss against you guys in 2011...I'm shocked it was even brought up :)

There's nothing to discuss. He'd look like an overweight hairball sitting at the end of the bench.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...