How to Utilize a 7-foot Center

Blue & Gold

Awesome effort by OU. Holding UNC to 63 in regulation was an amazing feat, even with no Marshall on the floor. Once again, their helps and switches on defense were executed nearly to perfection. The only flaw was that they got absolutely killed on the glass. Great defense too often went unrewarded when UNC's bigs got huge offensive boards all night.

Offut, Kellog and Baltic... wow. Great efforts. Cooper? I'd still take him. Even on a bad shooting night, he helped a lot with his ball-handling and passing.

Groce? Outstanding prep and game-day job. Last night's game was worth at least an extra $500,000 annually at the new job he takes sometime in the next few weeks.

Congratulations to OU for representing. Looking forward to kicking their rears next year.

He got basically karate chopped in the eye and that whole area was swollen as a result of it. He wasn't acting.

And saying he cost Ohio the game is just plain false. Yes, he didn't shoot well from the field, but he shredded the UNC defense off the dribble and got Kellogg and Offutt their open looks.

Agreed. Zeller got him pretty good. It looked to me like it was well after the shot and that it was unintentional, which is why it was a no-call. Looking at the replay from under the basket, you could see the ref had a birds-eye view of the whole thing.

In recent summers, Dwight Howard and LeBron James have sought out Hakeem Olajuwon for help with their inside games. While Zeke probably can't get a class from The Dream, I think going to those third parties for intense work pays serious dividends. I hope he does something along these lines.

He got basically karate chopped in the eye and that whole area was swollen as a result of it. He wasn't acting.

And saying he cost Ohio the game is just plain false. Yes, he didn't shoot well from the field, but he shredded the UNC defense off the dribble and got Kellogg and Offutt their open looks.

I never said he cost his team the game.

His coach obviously didn't agree with him about not running up the court.