Northern Kentucky University

skip-zip

I hope someone else is watching the D-II championship game. And do any of you feel jealous?

The host is Northern Kentucky. A DIVISION II SCHOOL. Nice arena, with all chairback seats, two levels with the upper level overhanging the lower level, with some suites in the middle. Unbelievable. And they sit right between Cincinnati and Lexington.

Part of the reason I posted this is because I DO want a new arena. I just argue about the information I have which indicates that it's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

NKU is moving up to D-I. A good friend of mine's son is going to play baseball there next year and he told me that all their facilities are very impressive. The basketball arena was the first thing he told me about when they got back from their official visit telling me how great it would be if we could replace the JAR with something like it.

Looks like the Bank of Kentucky picked up 10% of the costs for naming rights. Here's what the approximate cost would be to produce a replica at UA:

Assignable Square Feet: 126,503

Gross Square Feet: 243,000

Construction Year: 2008

Original Cost: $69,800,000

Replacement Value: $74,050,820

Ground Breaking Date: May 20, 2006

Dedication Date: September 22, 2008

Occupancy Date: August 15, 2008

Bank of Kentucky Center

My buddy goes to law school at NKU. I went to visit him last semester and we went to a soccer game there. They had a really nice soccer field, I remember we were both impressed by it, especially for a DII school. I think they were also DII national champs in 2010. Also, we were wearing Akron gear and some guy asked us if we were there scouting DII talent haha.