Chipotle/5 Guys to Campus?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see a Panera near campus...nice place to drink coffee and study.

I agree! The nearest one is Howe road?

I'd also like to see some little stores over there that'd be appealing to college students...ideally a modern/local clothing dig like Revival or Market Path...that's over at Highland Square. Millenials/college kids eat that stuff up, and I think it'd make Exchange Street more inviting for students to go explore and stick around for.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Add Au Bon Pain and Qdoba to the list.

Aramark to take over dining services at the University of Akron

... The Philadelphia-based company will invest more than $7 million at UA and bring brands such as Steak ‘n Shake, Chick-fil-A, Au Bon Pain and Qdoba to the campus as part of the deal, the school said. ...

So it looks like...No More Subway or Ohio Burger Company?

Not necessarily. Subway I believe has a separate contract that gave it a lease on the spot for x amount of years. I'd imagine a lot of these additions would some how be added into a food court style either where Ohio Burger was/where the market used to be?

So it looks like...No More Subway or Ohio Burger Company?

Subway is still there. I don't know how much of a loss it would be if they also left, since there's four or five more within a mile of campus.

Ohio Burger Company is gone, covered up with a drywall barrier that presumably will be converted to a Steak and Shake which offers a very similar menu.