Long time no hear

Zipmeister

Ianello was fired at Akron after going 2-22 in two seasons, including a 1-15 mark in conference play. Despite the rough couple of years — Ianello said he believed he was making progress, it just was not showing up in wins — Ianello emerged from the low-profile school in Ohio more prepared than ever to battle with the big boys again. But that feeling did not surface immediately.

"I went into a very tough situation from a discipline and accountability and academic standpoint,” Ianello said of taking over at Akron. “And it took me quite a bit of time to get that under control before I could address the roster and all those things."

Yeah.

Wasn't the culmination of his "progress" a 66-5 deficit in the 3rd quarter of his final game?

Sometimes you have blow up a mountain to get the train tracks put down.

Unfortunately for us, Ianello was the H-Bomb when we really only needed a stick or two of dynamite.

Since I had this link and I was curious about Kansas and Weiss especially, I did a quick read of the following article. He has definitely had an interesting path to Kansas. Read/skim this article and really get a feeling for the type of coach/person in comparison to what we have in Bowden:

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2012/mar/28/...tball/?football

Weiss has been a failure as a head coach, for the most part. "Listening" to him here...maybe it works out for him, maybe it doesn't. But I am really glad that we have a coach and person like Bowden, b/c there is a lot in here that SOUNDS like Ianello and is just not the way I would prefer a coach to be.

Sometimes you have blow up a mountain to get the train tracks put down.

Unfortunately for us, Ianello was the H-Bomb when we really only needed a stick or two of dynamite.

Ianello blew up the tunnel while the train was going through.

I think one of the funniest parts of this is actually the comments and not the article itself. Many of the people posting completely disregard the actual article to discuss Kansas basketball. :lol:

Makes sense...when Ianello coached the Zips, people would go to his games and talk about soccer.