Spring Football Practice Report Video

Dr Z

Hmm. That's disappointing to me. I was hoping he'd make an impact at QB.

Well at least he's sticking with team. If you recall, he was the MVP of a New York (State) all-star game after his SR year, but much of that was due to his running ability. I think he can make plays in space, so I'm looking forward him getting those opportunities.

They NEEDED to weed out the QBs this spring. We still have 2 more arriving in August.

I think it is interesting to see the early-term difference in Ianello and Bowden.

Ianello was strictly concerned with gutting everything to the bone. And then cutting into the bone.

Bowden seems to be progressively figuring things out, and making the best decisions for both the players and the program.

Players who won't see the field are being given honest assessments of their situation, and given plenty of time to hook up elsewhere. And their scholarships will be applied to new players who can make a difference.

If a player is not well-suited to see the field at his present position, but can help the team elsewhere, he's being moved.

Guys like B Alexander, who was our best RB the last 1/3 of the 2012 season, are getting a fresh look as a potential starter. Chisholm better bring his "A" game if he wants his #1 job. Love that competition.

Lots of interesting shuffling, tweaking, shifting...and I love how it is being communicated, both by George Thomas and GoZips.com. Every day I learn more about our progress. Not "fluff" crap either...it's meaty, interesting stuff.

Down to 4 QBs on the roster= Dalton, CM8, Pohl and the kid from LE College. Good number with 2 coming in in the Fall.

Sucks that D'Orazio got hurt (shoulder separation it sounds like). Really wanted to see him on 4-21, but hope he is good by early-mid August.