#1 Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

Per George Thomas courtesy of the ABJ.

Terry Bowden. Keith Dambrot. Rick Rembielak. Chuck Amato. How ya like dem apples, Terry Pluto?! This is AKRON!

#2 Dr Z

Dr Z

Zips Junkie

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,483 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

I appreciate the photos Karen Schiely took.

michgamebanner2.jpg

"I've been fortunate in my life time to be part of some big wins, and that would have been the biggest" —Terry Bowden on UA@UM

#3 Big Zip

Big Zip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

I'm weirdly happy to see kids leaving the program. If you don't want to be here, if you don't think this fits you then please go. The players we'll have left will be guys who want to be a part of this program and turn it around. My only concern is what impact does it have on graduation rates.

#4 Hilltopper

Hilltopper

Zips Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

I watched Dylan play during his career at Green and I can tell you he is one tough kid. He played both offensive line and defensive line and rarely took a play off. He played defensive end and was double teamed almost every play, but still led the Bulldogs in sacks and tackles for losses. He injured his knee at the beginning of camp last year and I think if not for that injury he would have seen some PT last year.

1375764_458105717640933_1992065435_n.jpg

#5 Keener'92

Keener'92

Titan of the Tankard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

Big, tough & ugly. Beautiful. If Dylan can start at tackle as a R.Fr., he has really great upside. Looking forward to seeing him on the field.

#6 Dave in Green

Dave in Green

Collaborator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,367 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

Interesting line at the end of the story:

After Tuesday’s practice, Bowden headed off to Western Pennsylvania in a private jet to speak at a leadership conference for FirstEnergy.

Beyond just being a great football coach, Coach Bowden's exceptional motivational speaking skills bring an added value to UA and sponsoring companies that few other college football coaches could come close to matching. I just can't get over the total impact Coach Bowden is going to have on UA and the whole Akron area.

#7 NewZipsFan

NewZipsFan

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Interesting line at the end of the story:

After Tuesday’s practice, Bowden headed off to Western Pennsylvania in a private jet to speak at a leadership conference for FirstEnergy.

Beyond just being a great football coach, Coach Bowden's exceptional motivational speaking skills bring an added value to UA and sponsoring companies that few other college football coaches could come close to matching. I just can't get over the total impact Coach Bowden is going to have on UA and the whole Akron area.

And by the way -- he was back in town last night, and back at work at 6am or so this morning (the article mentioned he'd be back in time for Thursday's practice).....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users