Any word on a Coach Bowden STO show?

xu9697

Ok -- not many things I don't know -- but what does STO stand for??

I'm assuming you're talking about a Coach's TV show, but not familiar with the initials... thanks!

NZF, It stands for Sports Time Ohio, Its a tv station that started up a couple years ago to specifically televise the Cleveland Indians. It has signed contracts with the MAC to cover some games and they have sports talk and some other sports related programs.

If coach Bowden is interested in having a show, he should ask coach Dambrot what he thinks of the basketball show.

You think KD's viewpoint would influence Coach Bowden? I mean, it's not like he's a media novice.

Care to elaborate?

Coach Dambrot has a show on STO during basketball season.

I'm saying that if coach Bowden is thinking of doing something similar (I don't know that he is, or if the AD would push for something), he could ask Dambrot if he thinks the show is worth doing or what kind of things are involved.

I know that Bowden is no stranger to being on TV, but the issue would be the time involved compared to how much of a benefit a show would be to the football program.

Coach Dambrot has a show on STO during basketball season.

I'm saying that if coach Bowden is thinking of doing something similar (I don't know that he is, or if the AD would push for something), he could ask Dambrot if he thinks the show is worth doing or what kind of things are involved.

I know that Bowden is no stranger to being on TV, but the issue would be the time involved compared to how much of a benefit a show would be to the football program.

I would like to compare Broderick Alexander's bathroom with aforeseen (another new word for SkipZip) Chauncy Gilliam's. I hear Alexander's soap holder is real porcelain...not that cheap plastic stuff. Love the porcelain.

Make it happen, UA!

I would like to compare Broderick Alexander's bathroom with aforeseen (another new word for SkipZip) Chauncy Gilliam's. I hear Alexander's soap holder is real porcelain...not that cheap plastic stuff. Love the porcelain.

Make it happen, UA!

Coach Bowden has done a Coach's show at every program he's coached at (except for Salem I think). They can be valuable in many different ways - obviously if done correctly :) Depending upon what the objective is - would depend on what type of show it is, where/when it airs, etc...

There is no other head coach in the country with more television/radio/media experience than Coach Bowden (I would say that Bob Davies has a lot -- but his is just bad.. IMO).

I'm sure if the AD wants to make it happen - he will!

Make it happen, UA!

Whoa, whoa, what was that about Broderick Alexander's foreskin?

Oh wait...

• 2 weeks later...
"Zips Football with Terry Bowden" would be a great program. It needs to be broadcast in HD and hosted by someone not named Joe Dunn.

+1+1

Why not hire that blonde who was on that last episode of Dambrot's show to host the football show? She has a future in TV, she already has "the shake" down pat.

I don't know why they wasted the first 28 minutes on that old troll...

+1+1

Why not hire that blonde who was on that last episode of Dambrot's show to host the football show? She has a future in TV, she already has "the shake" down pat.

I don't know why they wasted the first 28 minutes on that old troll...

I'm sure they can find someone else, even a student at UA that could work well as the host of both shows. But it would have to be someone professional. Too many times colleges have students hosting that are very inexperienced making it hard to watch. See: Boom goes they dynamite, and Can't State Sideline Reporter Fail. I would definitely prefer a blonde girl as host, but hey brunettes and redheads aren't bad either!

Coach Bowden has 10 years experience as a professional national television and radio show host on ABC Sports, Westwood One, Sirius, etc. You couldn't just put him on a TV show with an inexperienced local host, as he would totally overpower the host. I don't know if it's ever been done before with a college football coach, but Coach Bowden could host his own show. He knows the right questions to ask himself because he has years of experience posing those questions to other coaches. Eliminate the middle man. :)

Coach Bowden has 10 years experience as a professional national television and radio show host on ABC Sports, Westwood One, Sirius, etc. You couldn't just put him on a TV show with an inexperienced local host, as he would totally overpower the host. I don't know if it's ever been done before with a college football coach, but Coach Bowden could host his own show. He knows the right questions to ask himself because he has years of experience posing those questions to other coaches. Eliminate the middle man. :)

Asking himself questions? lol

Terry: So Terry how do you think the team played on saturday.

Terry: Well, that's a great question Terry. I'm very pleased with their performance.

Terry: Did you feel that beating Can't by 70 points was unsportsmanlike?

Terry: Not sure Terry. They are such a terrible school, we wanted to beat them by 100, just ran out of time.

Terry: Well Terry, It was great talking to you. I look forward to next weeks show.

Terry: My pleasure Terry, Fear the Dadgum Roo!

I couldn't watch 30min of that!

The day after TB was hired I "emailed the AD" and told him that he needs to make sure he gets a show on TV for TB. Tom W replied and said that they would be willing to do it if he was. So I am sure this has been in the works for awhile now! I was probably one of a select few who watched that last football coaches show with.... Lee Owens on TV23 in Akron

GT wrote this article about the spring game but had some good info about the TV show.

Roll cameras

Two television cameras tracked Bowden, who was miked for the game. Apparently a TV show involving the coach is close to a definite.

“We’re trying to bring the season with some footage of spring and the operation. I think it’s going to be with our TV show,” Bowden said. “I think we’re set with our television show for next year and we’re looking forward to it.”

Given his 10 years of experience providing in-studio analysis of ABC’s college football games, Bowden should be a natural. The show is expected to air on SportsTime Ohio, the regional cable network.