Seems like the time would be right!!!

#2 Keener'92

Keener'92

Titan of the Tankard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

"Zips Football with Terry Bowden" would be a great program. It needs to be broadcast in HD and hosted by someone not named Joe Dunn.

#3 NewZipsFan

NewZipsFan

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

Seems like the time would be right!!!

Ok -- not many things I don't know -- but what does STO stand for??

I'm assuming you're talking about a Coach's TV show, but not familiar with the initials... thanks!

#4 AKSportsFan

AKSportsFan

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

I'm assuming you're talking about a Coach's TV show, but not familiar with the initials... thanks!

NZF, It stands for Sports Time Ohio, Its a tv station that started up a couple years ago to specifically televise the Cleveland Indians. It has signed contracts with the MAC to cover some games and they have sports talk and some other sports related programs.
"Akron out of time outs. 2nd and 10. Hixon running deep, Getsy pumps, he throws for Hixon and it is---CAUGHT for a touchdown ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!"

#5 johnnyzip84

johnnyzip84

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

Sports Time Ohio

Bowden Ball 2014.....Fiat Lux.

#6 ZachTheZip

ZachTheZip

Only a Zips fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

If coach Bowden is interested in having a show, he should ask coach Dambrot what he thinks of the basketball show.

#7 NewZipsFan

NewZipsFan

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

If coach Bowden is interested in having a show, he should ask coach Dambrot what he thinks of the basketball show.

Care to elaborate?

#8 Keener'92

Keener'92

Titan of the Tankard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

You think KD's viewpoint would influence Coach Bowden? I mean, it's not like he's a media novice.

#9 ZachTheZip

ZachTheZip

Only a Zips fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Care to elaborate?

Coach Dambrot has a show on STO during basketball season.

I'm saying that if coach Bowden is thinking of doing something similar (I don't know that he is, or if the AD would push for something), he could ask Dambrot if he thinks the show is worth doing or what kind of things are involved.

I know that Bowden is no stranger to being on TV, but the issue would be the time involved compared to how much of a benefit a show would be to the football program.

#10 Captain Kangaroo

Captain Kangaroo

UA Intramural Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,421 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Coach Dambrot has a show on STO during basketball season.

I'm saying that if coach Bowden is thinking of doing something similar (I don't know that he is, or if the AD would push for something), he could ask Dambrot if he thinks the show is worth doing or what kind of things are involved.

I know that Bowden is no stranger to being on TV, but the issue would be the time involved compared to how much of a benefit a show would be to the football program.

I would like to compare Broderick Alexander's bathroom with aforeseen (another new word for SkipZip) Chauncy Gilliam's. I hear Alexander's soap holder is real porcelain...not that cheap plastic stuff. Love the porcelain.

Make it happen, UA!
"95% of all excuses are probably true. And 100% of them are unacceptable."

-Denny Green-

#11 NewZipsFan

NewZipsFan

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

I would like to compare Broderick Alexander's bathroom with aforeseen (another new word for SkipZip) Chauncy Gilliam's. I hear Alexander's soap holder is real porcelain...not that cheap plastic stuff. Love the porcelain.

Make it happen, UA!

Coach Bowden has done a Coach's show at every program he's coached at (except for Salem I think). They can be valuable in many different ways - obviously if done correctly :) Depending upon what the objective is - would depend on what type of show it is, where/when it airs, etc...

There is no other head coach in the country with more television/radio/media experience than Coach Bowden (I would say that Bob Davies has a lot -- but his is just bad.. IMO).

I'm sure if the AD wants to make it happen - he will!

#12 Dave in Green

Dave in Green

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,140 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

Coach Bowden has magnitudes greater TV experience than KD. If Coach Bowden does a show, the production values he would demand to do it right could then be carried over to KD's show next season. It would be a win-win for both the football and basketball programs.

#13 pdt1420

pdt1420

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

How does Eckard-Baldwin feel about doing commercials for the show? Is it a conflict of interest after they presided over the funeral service of our offense last year?

#14 SeeTeeZip

SeeTeeZip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

Make it happen, UA!

Whoa, whoa, what was that about Broderick Alexander's foreskin?

Oh wait...

#15 xu9697

xu9697

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

An answer to my question:

http://www.ohio.com/...s-fall-1.295588

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic