Sign in to follow this  
bobbyake

Zips thread on BigSoccer for the 2012 Season

bobbyake    7

I started a Zips thread for the 2012 season on BigSoccer. Of course, Zipsnation should be our primary home, but having a presence on that site could help bring non-local Akron fans here. We're better than just being a part of a MAC thread there.

bobbyake    7
Yes, that is way past due.

We might as well have our own instead of sharing one with the MAC. The other MAC schools (not including WVU) don't have a big soccer fan base.

bisbee    0

And now the countdown begins....if my math is correct there are 113 days until the home opener. Thank goodness for the PDL games until mid July :lol::lol:

bobbyake    7
And now the countdown begins....if my math is correct there are 113 days until the home opener. Thank goodness for the PDL games until mid July :lol::lol:

no PDL games in Akron :cry:

Parma has an NPSL team, AFC Cleveland, without any Akron players. I might head up to Parma for a game or 2.

Zip_ME87    539

That many days?! Thank goodness for PDL and former Zips in MLS.

bisbee    0
no PDL games in Akron :cry:

Parma has an NPSL team, AFC Cleveland, without any Akron players. I might head up to Parma for a game or 2.

RememberYedlin and Quinn will play for Seattle Sounders U23.

TheTank123    0
RememberYedlin and Quinn will play for Seattle Sounders U23.

How does that help anyone who doesn't live in Seattle, ie, every person on this message board?

I mean hell, we're related to the kid and WE don't even live there!

Z.I.P.    102
I started a Zips thread for the 2012 season on BigSoccer. Of course, Zipsnation should be our primary home, but having a presence on that site could help bring non-local Akron fans here. We're better than just being a part of a MAC thread there.

Thank you Bobby! I've been wanting to do that for a few years, believe me. My fear was that either it would take numbers away from the Zn.o, or it might have fewer followers than say the hated Whosers' Bigsoccer thread! ;)

bobbyake    7
Thank you Bobby! I've been wanting to do that for a few years, believe me. My fear was that either it would take numbers away from the Zn.o, or it might have fewer followers than say the hated Whosers' Bigsoccer thread! ;)

if anything, it could bring people from there here. We have a really decent soccer board here.

fknbuflobo    146
if anything, it could bring people from there here. We have a really decent soccer board here.

Please alert Coach Porter that I told BigSoccer that Zips would be 2012 Champions!

No pressure, just tell him.

Zip_ME87    539
Please alert Coach Porter that I told BigSoccer that Zips would be 2012 Champions!

No pressure, just tell him.

Please add that we're already booking non-refundable flights to Birmingham December 7 - 10, 2012. No pressure. B)

bisbee    0
Please add that we're already booking non-refundable flights to Birmingham December 7 - 10, 2012. No pressure. B)

Sounds like a great plan to me :D