Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobbyake

Zips thread on BigSoccer for the 2012 Season

15 posts in this topic

I started a Zips thread for the 2012 season on BigSoccer. Of course, Zipsnation should be our primary home, but having a presence on that site could help bring non-local Akron fans here. We're better than just being a part of a MAC thread there.

Yes, that is way past due.

Yes, that is way past due.

We might as well have our own instead of sharing one with the MAC. The other MAC schools (not including WVU) don't have a big soccer fan base.

And now the countdown begins....if my math is correct there are 113 days until the home opener. Thank goodness for the PDL games until mid July :lol::lol:

And now the countdown begins....if my math is correct there are 113 days until the home opener. Thank goodness for the PDL games until mid July :lol::lol:

no PDL games in Akron :cry:

Parma has an NPSL team, AFC Cleveland, without any Akron players. I might head up to Parma for a game or 2.

That many days?! Thank goodness for PDL and former Zips in MLS.

no PDL games in Akron :cry:

Parma has an NPSL team, AFC Cleveland, without any Akron players. I might head up to Parma for a game or 2.

RememberYedlin and Quinn will play for Seattle Sounders U23.

RememberYedlin and Quinn will play for Seattle Sounders U23.

How does that help anyone who doesn't live in Seattle, ie, every person on this message board?

I mean hell, we're related to the kid and WE don't even live there!

I started a Zips thread for the 2012 season on BigSoccer. Of course, Zipsnation should be our primary home, but having a presence on that site could help bring non-local Akron fans here. We're better than just being a part of a MAC thread there.

Thank you Bobby! I've been wanting to do that for a few years, believe me. My fear was that either it would take numbers away from the Zn.o, or it might have fewer followers than say the hated Whosers' Bigsoccer thread! ;)

Thank you Bobby! I've been wanting to do that for a few years, believe me. My fear was that either it would take numbers away from the Zn.o, or it might have fewer followers than say the hated Whosers' Bigsoccer thread! ;)

if anything, it could bring people from there here. We have a really decent soccer board here.

if anything, it could bring people from there here. We have a really decent soccer board here.

Please alert Coach Porter that I told BigSoccer that Zips would be 2012 Champions!

No pressure, just tell him.

Please alert Coach Porter that I told BigSoccer that Zips would be 2012 Champions!

No pressure, just tell him.

Please add that we're already booking non-refundable flights to Birmingham December 7 - 10, 2012. No pressure. B)

Please add that we're already booking non-refundable flights to Birmingham December 7 - 10, 2012. No pressure. B)

Sounds like a great plan to me :D