Zips Win vs UCF

K-Roo

Zips Win

All this chirping about based ball’s Opening “Day” just makes us pine for five months from now, when college football will accomplish in five days what baseball crams into nine or so. Is it too early to start making out our Week 1 mayhem wish list? Probably!

Thursday, August 30

• South Carolina @ Vanderbilt. James Franklin taunts Jadeveon Clowney after the Commodores pull off a late go-ahead touchdown, and the ensuing fracas manages to convince SEC officials to suspend the South Carolina stalwart. Seeking revenge, Steve Spurrier departs Nashville with five or six of Franklin’s scholarship quarterbacks, to feather his depth-chart-fiddlin’ nest back in Columbia. No one is truly satisfied, but no lessons are learned.

• Minnesota @ UNLV. TCF Bank revokes Golden Gophers’ stadium sponsorship after team refuses to pay $5,000 in ATM fees following return from Vegas.

UCF @ Akron. Zips win, and Terry Bowden gets free jousting privileges at all Medieval Times locations for life.

• UMass @ UConn. In their FBS debut, the Minutemen rout the Huskies, relegating Connecticut to the MAC by a previously unnoticed realignment provision. All involved parties agree this is probably in everyone’s best interest.

Zips Win

All this chirping about based ball’s Opening “Day” just makes us pine for five months from now, when college football will accomplish in five days what baseball crams into nine or so. Is it too early to start making out our Week 1 mayhem wish list? Probably!

Thursday, August 30

• South Carolina @ Vanderbilt. James Franklin taunts Jadeveon Clowney after the Commodores pull off a late go-ahead touchdown, and the ensuing fracas manages to convince SEC officials to suspend the South Carolina stalwart. Seeking revenge, Steve Spurrier departs Nashville with five or six of Franklin’s scholarship quarterbacks, to feather his depth-chart-fiddlin’ nest back in Columbia. No one is truly satisfied, but no lessons are learned.

• Minnesota @ UNLV. TCF Bank revokes Golden Gophers’ stadium sponsorship after team refuses to pay $5,000 in ATM fees following return from Vegas.

UCF @ Akron. Zips win, and Terry Bowden gets free jousting privileges at all Medieval Times locations for life.

• UMass @ UConn. In their FBS debut, the Minutemen rout the Huskies, relegating Connecticut to the MAC by a previously unnoticed realignment provision. All involved parties agree this is probably in everyone’s best interest.

Been saying that since I saw the schedule! Go Zips! Beat UCF!

• 3 weeks later...
I looked at the stadium rankings and they have Infocision rated as the 2nd worst in the MAC. lol

This is a complete crock. These guys have probably NEVER been to a MAC game and there is no rhyme or reason why they ranked the schools this way (except the top two). Like others here, I have been to most of the MAC stadiums and trust me, these guys have NO idea what they are talking about. Buffalo's stadium is a complete pile, like EMU's stadium, as it has a running track around the football field THEN they have the seating. You are far away from the field and the endzone seating is basically permanently closed it is a whole lot of concrete with nobody there. I haven't been to the Glass Bowl, but they probably nailed the top two stadiums (Toledo and WMU).

This was indeed poorly written and researched. Yet I did find value in simply being able to have a look at tall the stadiums. Much as in baseball, there's a lot of character in the college stadiums!

I looked at the stadium rankings and they have Infocision rated as the 2nd worst in the MAC. lol

I've been to over half of the FBS stadiums in the country (yeah, I'm a geek), and there is not a chance that Infocision (as a stadium) is even in the bottom half. Dix Stdium (#87) is one of the best in the MAC? Terrible. I thought this comment was interesting "One unique aspect of the stadium is the grassy area in the north end zone where fans can enjoy the game from a different perspective". Of course that was a "unique" feature of WKU's stadium which helped boost them up on the list.